Iadace and welcome to Cypher Chronicles!
Exciting News, Interviews, and Reviews
- Gods! Dinosaurs! Superheroes! Rawr!
- Worlds of the Cypher System is knocking down stretch goals and adding cool new rewards thanks to your support, so please keep spreading the word. Here is the link for you to grab and share: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/montecookgames/worlds-of-the-cypher-system.
- Zenia, Balakar, Thordin, Aren, Verecocho, Mudarak, Avi, even malefic Samiel, and all the other greater gods, lesser gods, and their many avatars perished when Elanehtar fell. The gods, everyone knows, are gone for good. Read more about Gods of the Fall, Bruce’s setting for Worlds of the Cypher System.
- Board Game Geek has announced the nominees for the 2016 Golden Geek Awards and we’re pleased as punch that The Cypher System Rulebook has been nominated for RPG Game of the Year…huzzah! Now, it is up to the public to decide the winners, so please vote for your favorite games.
- “I love the balance this game strikes between accessibility and depth.” –Mitch, from EncounterRoleplay. Read the full review: Why We Love The Cypher System.
- Check out these fan-tastic fan communities for No Thank You, Evil!:
- Here’s a cool Twitch from last night, hosted by AvanEleron, where Monte, Shanna, Patrick Rothfuss, Brad Beaulieu, and Mike Underwood talk about Torment: Tides of Numenera.
Crowdfunding Campaigns and Other Things We Love
- “You are welcome in my campaign.” Ric Mohri talks about being inclusive and positive on the latest GM Tips (and we heart him for it!).
- “There are so many great women in gaming right now! I’m just going to call out a few that have really touched my life or inspired me.” Darcy Ross celebrated International Women’s Day by writing about some women in gaming who’ve inspired her (Shanna and Tammie are honored and delighted to be included on her list).
- Stuart Greenwall has some great suggestions on inexpensive ways to enhance your No Thank You, Evil! experience with props: Cheap Miniatures! Expanding the world of No Thank You, Evil!
- Our friends at Plate Mail Games make great background music for gaming. One of their latest soundtracks was specially created for the recursion R639, and we don’t recommend listening to it alone in a dark room…it’s that creepy! While this soundtrack is perfect for R639, it will add creepy ambiance to any horror setting.
- Congratulations to John Wick’s 7th Sea 2nd Edition Kickstarter campaign, which has passed $1M!
- Judges Guild Deluxe Collector’s Edition by Goodman Games: “A deluxe oversized compilation of rare journals and classic adventure modules from the Golden Age of Role Playing!”
- Nobody would try running 27 marathons in 27 days, would they? Well, the amazing Eddie Izzard is doing it! Eddie is on day 17 and marathon 17, and he is attempting this crazy feat to benefit Sport Relief. Please support Eddie in his herculean endeavor and help make the world a better place at the same time.
- Contessa is looking for GMs who identify as women (the GM role is reserved for women-identified people, but the rest of the table is open to anyone) to run games on Thursday night at Gen Con.
- Check out these Otherworldly Metal Organisms Welded by Mylinh Nguyen, presented by Christopher Jobson.
- Scientists gear up to drill into ‘ground zero’ of the impact that killed the dinosaurs.
- “Imagine storing your entire music collection in a house plant or the entire works of Shakespeare in an area of shrubbery.” Oh, a living library you can water!
Got something you’d like to see published in Cypher Chronicles next week? A cool blog post you’ve written about our games, scientific news that inspires your The Strange campaign, an Atlas Obscura photo that makes you dream of the Ninth World, a Kickstarter campaign that kindles your imagination, a charity event near and dear to your heart…share whatever you think would inspire Team MCG and would also be a good fit for Cypher Chronicles. Send your recommendations to [email protected] (submitting a recommendation does not guarantee publication).
Do you like us? Do you really like us? You can play an important role in helping us thrive and create more great games: Leave a review at DriveThruRPG, Amazon, or with your local game store owner. Share these chronicles with other gamers you know. Invite those you love to sit around a table with you and delve deep into their imagination to create shared memories that will last a lifetime.
P.S. You rock.
Hey, look! Now you can subscribe to get these blog posts right in your inbox. Right down there, at the bottom of this post! Just enter your email and you’ll never miss a post (we won’t use your email for anything else, we promise). We’ve also added an easy way to share these posts on social media. You should see the buttons right at the bottom of this page!
Keep up with MCG! Follow Monte Cook Games, the Weird of Numenera, and The Strange RPG on Twitter; like Monte Cook Games, The Strange, or Numenera on Facebook, and subscribe to our MCG channel on YouTube. We also have a Pinterest account, which isn’t news, per se, but it has lots of pretty pictures.
Also, don’t forget: If you need us for anything or have questions, we’re right here.