Iadace, and welcome to this week’s edition of The Cypher Chronicles! If you celebrate Thanksgiving, we hope you had a great time with the ones you love. Here at MCG, we’re calling today Amber Friday, where instead of battling crowds, we’re battling creatures, exploring monoliths and other weird places, and discovering all of the treasures that we can possibly dream of. (Also called Amber Friday because pumpkin pie is amber-colored, and, well… pie!).
- The Kickstarter for the Exclusive Numenera Boxed Set Edition has gone crazy — and we have you to thank! We’ve hit a TON of stretch goals, including extra stuff added to the print books, a gift card, dice, and more. Next up? A super cool deck that we’ve been wanting to make for a while — the Weird Deck! If we hit the next stretch goal, this great deck gets added to all of the Reliquary and Super Fan levels. And did you know that the Super Fan level gets the Cypher System Rulebook as well as the Numenera products? Such a great deal. Thanks to everyone who is supporting this Kickstarter, spreading the word, and making it possible for us to fill these boxes full of great stuff and send them your way! It’s great for gift-giving too, with our unique printable cards. And don’t forget — the higher we go, the more stuff you get added to your Reliquary and Super Fan boxes for free, so spread the word!
- Speaking of gifts, we now have gift cards available at the Monte Cook Games store. Give the gift of great gaming to someone you love — and give to yourself at the same time with our great deal. It’s a pretty awesome way to play santa! (And even if you buy all the gift cards for yourself, we won’t tell. As long as you bring us plenty of cookies).
- Did you download our FREE Strange Creatures of the Ninth World glimmer yet? Perfect for Numenera players who want to add creatures from The Strange Bestiary to their game!
- DriveThruRPG is having a Black Friday sale — pick up a PDF copy of The Strange corebook for just $4.99!! That’s 75% off. Don’t miss out.
OTHER EXCITING THINGS
- In other Kickstarter news, Shotguns & Sorcery, the first licensed Cypher System product, has funded! Next up: some super awesome stretch goals. This mix of magic and metal seems like such a great addition to the Cypher System game line, and we can’t wait to play it.
- AND, Matt Stawicki, lead artist for The Strange, is doing a fantasy calendar for 2105. His Kickstarter just funded as well! Have a look at his beautiful art and get a calendar just in time for the new year.
- The first limited license product for The Strange is now available! Check out the supplement, The Translation Codex, a tome of 100 Foci to help in constructing new and imaginative recursions for The Strange, each presented on its own easily printable pdf page. Included are 18 example recursions utilizing these new powers.
BEHIND THE SCENES
This week, we’re putting the final touches on an upcoming fractal (our PDFs for The Strange game). We haven’t announced it yet, so we can’t give you all the details, but we think you’re going to love it (and four of our backers for The Strange kickstarter will recognize their characters in this image!).
For now, allow me to introduce you to The Swordbreakers, an elite group of ass-kickers and name-takers! (Art by Matt Stawicki). And keep your eyes peeled in December for all the details.
Do you like us? Do you really like us? You can play an important role in helping is thrive and create more great games: Leave a review at Drive Thru, Amazon, or with your local game store owner! Share these chronicles with other gamers you know. Invite those you love to sit around a table with you and delve deep into their imagination to create shared memories that will last a lifetime.
P.S. You rock.
Hey, look! Now you can subscribe to get these blog posts right in your inbox. Right down there, at the bottom of this post! Just enter your email and you’ll never miss a post (we won’t use your email for anything else, we promise). We’ve also added an easy way to share these posts on social media. You should see the buttons right at the bottom of this page!
Also, don’t forget: If you need us for anything or have questions, we’re right here.