Iadace, and welcome to Cypher Chronicles!
- Check out this beautiful sneak preview from the Character Type chapter of Predation! (This is an early, unproofed page.) Art by Raph Lomotan.
- Bruce did a live video AMA on the Forgotten Realms Archives group on Facebook. In addition to his work on the Forgotten Realms, he talked a bit about various projects at MCG, including his new novel, Myth of the Maker. You can watch a recording of the video chat here.
- Bruce and Shanna will be at NorWesCon (April 13–16, SeaTac, WA). Their schedules for the show are here, and include doing readings from The Poison Eater and Myth of the Maker, as well as signing copies of their books.
- MCG is participating in International Tabletop Day (April 29), with Asset Team GMs running events at game stores and other places all over the world!
- Did you know that every week we post a new plot hook or story idea for Numenera and The Strange? Check @WeirdOfNumenera and @TheStrangeRPG on Twitter for a dose of the unexpected!
- If you’ve seen the free preview of Expanded Worlds, you’ve seen a sampling of the amazing art in it. Artist Anton Kagounkin Magdalina has been posting time-lapse videos of his EW art to his YouTube channel, such as this video for “Rules of the Sea.”
- Preorders are still open for Ninth World Bestiary 2 now on the MCG Shop—over 160 new creatures, an extensive index of all creatures from products across the Numenera game line, random encounter tables, and more!
- People are getting really inventive with their 3D printers, like the one who created this suit of internally lit futuro-medieval armor (with video).
- Archaeologists have discovered a 3,700-year-old pyramid, dating back to Egypt’s 13th Dynasty.
- Riser Art makes adhesive vinyl panels that attach to the front panels of stairs, turning the stairway into a work of art.
- Ray Machuga of Higher Grounds is Kickstarting a new RPG called Dhovaine, a science fantasy game set in a modern world with hints of futurism and steampunk.
- Character Crate is a Kickstarter campaign for a clever box that holds your dice and miniatures and is also a dice-rolling tray, handcrafted from black cherrywood.
If you have something you’d like to see published in Cypher Chronicles next week, share it with us! Send your recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org (submitting a recommendation does not guarantee publication).
You can play an important role in helping us thrive and create more great games: Leave a review at DriveThruRPG, Amazon, or with your local game store. Share these chronicles with other gamers you know (the social media buttons are at the bottom of this post).
You can subscribe to get these blog posts right in your inbox. Right down there, at the bottom of this post! Just enter your email, and you’ll never miss a post (we won’t use your email for anything else, we promise).
Keep up with MCG! Follow Monte Cook Games, the Weird of Numenera, and The Strange RPG on Twitter, like Monte Cook Games on Facebook, and subscribe to our MCG channel on YouTube. We also have a Pinterest account, which isn’t news, per se, but it has lots of pretty pictures.