Hello, dear reader.
My, my, you are a savvy vislae! I have noticed your razor-sharp focus on unearthing the scintillating secrets that underlie the Actuality. As such, you are cordially invited to join the Order of Honed Thought.
Allow the knowledge in this newsletter to sharpen your wit:
- 13 Secrets of the Dark That They Don’t Want You to Know
- Fantastic Demons and How to Colloquy Them
- Kensington’s Safekeeping Tricks Against the Elements, Bad Luck, and Meddling Vislae
Huh. Very strange. Please pardon that interruption. It’s Darcy again with this week’s Cypher Chronicles!
You can get Cypher Chronicles, and other MCG news, delivered right to your inbox! Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button in the right-hand column, and you’ll never miss a post. You can also suggest topics for Cypher Chronicles by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Juicy Details of Numenera Discovery & Destiny
Monte, Sean, and Bruce kindly filled in for me when I was sick (Echoes Linger Episode 2 will resume on Tuesday), and boy did they put on a good show. They revealed progress on Numenera Discovery and Destiny, sharing what they were working on and what they love, and taking questions.
Spoilers: PLAYER INTRUSIONS
As is probably evident, The Raven Wants What You Have has been bringing me a lot of joy and squee lately, even though last week’s episode was one of the more emotionally intense game sessions I’ve ever had.
If you haven’t joined our journey yet, I recommend jumping straight in on that last episode: The Ever-Dying God. And then come talk to us about it live tonight (March 30th) at 7 p.m. Pacific with Live From the Actuality!
Here are some more things making us squee this week:
- Strange, beautiful, and strangely beautiful laser-cut wood pieces–I came across this tribute to Earthsea and Ursula K. LeGuin and then discovered this entire shop full of creatures, skeletons, and scenes made of these layered laser-cut pieces of wood.
- Bear found these Tiny Dragons. Need I say more? This is a Kickstarter project for an art book of tiny (and not so tiny) dragons, featuring a lot of artists, many up-and-coming. Our art director is like a dragon himself; hoarding the many shiny artists we get to work with and always looking for more.
- Shanna was tickled by these Dice Pens–pens that hold your dice for you!
- Hum, beatbox, gesture, and yodel, but don’t use your words! Earworm is a wildly fun party game where you try to make your friends guess your song without using words. The art is gorgeous, and I love that even a terrible singer like me can play. On Kickstarter now.
This is one of my very favorite supplements for The Strange! Worlds Numberless and Strange takes you on a journey through dozens and dozens of new recursions to delight, terrify, and amaze. Plus, we get more information on the fantastic Ardeyn and squicky strange Ruk recursions. And any of these worlds would make a great seed for a standalone Cypher System setting.
Worlds Numberless and Strange includes:
- Nearly 70 new recursions
- Expanded information on locations, plots, and NPCs of Ardeyn and Ruk
- Plenty of new artifacts, adventure hooks, and other intriguing details
- The Implausible Geographical Society, a new secret organization of explorers
- New creatures for game masters
- New character options for players, including foci like Inks Spells on Skin and Quells Undead
- Tips on incorporating your favorite fiction and game worlds into The Strange