Iadace and welcome to Cypher Chronicles!
Exciting News and Interviews
- What wonders lie beneath the waves? Download your free preview of Into the Deep and find out! We are taking pre-orders for Into the Deep, so if it isn’t one of your Kickstarter rewards, pre-order it now.
- If you backed the Numenera: Into the Ninth World Kickstarter campaign, and Into the Deep is one of your rewards or add-ons, we will soon (as soon as the product lands in our warehouse) send you instructions to redeem your reward, and—as always—we promise to fulfill requests for backer rewards before pre-orders.
- Did you miss the Kickstarter campaign for Worlds of the Cypher System? You can still get in on the fun, contribute to the creation of these products, get Kickstarter-exclusive upgrades like double-sided poster maps, and take advantage of the incredible bargain of the Kickstarter pricing. For a limited time, we are accepting late pledges.
- The latest issue of CypherCaster Magazine is out! Inside this fifth issue you will find product reviews, interviews with creators, adventures, the scoop on the MCG adventures for Gen Con, and more.
- Do you reside in the UK or EU? We have exciting news to share with you about shipping.
- Want to pick up your MCG purchases or Kickstarter rewards at Gen Con? We’ll soon be rolling out a way to let you do just that.
- Host Chaz Marler interviews Charles Ryan at the GAMA Trade Show about upcoming releases and plans for 2016:
Crowdfunding Campaigns and Other Things We Love
- Blindsprings: Volume 1 by Kadi Fedoruk by Hiveworks Comics: “Help us release a GIANT, elegant print edition of the webcomic fantasy epic! The first volume…with many more to come. :D”
- GaymerX • Year Four by GaymerX: “Support GaymerX in our fourth year of celebrating gaming for everyone!”
- The American Bystander Comedy Quarterly #2 by Michael Gerber: “Issue #2 of the print humor quarterly! Cartoons, comics & prose from the folks behind SNL, The Simpsons, The Onion & National Lampoon!”
- Last week, famed actor Patty Duke passed away. She was most famous for being a TV legend, but did you know in real life she fought for civil and gay rights, and was a champion of mental health advocacy and support? In her honor, her sons have created The Patty Duke Mental Health Project.
- “I read a ton of comics. I have to admit, though—very few of them are the new titles of the big two, DC and Marvel.” Read more in the latest Monte Says article: Comics Old and New.
- From Wes Otis comes Liquid Ghost, the perfect background music for playing Numenera. It’s free right now on DriveThruRPG.
- “Numenera is about technology so advanced it might as well be magic in the hands of ignorant but plucky scavengers desperate to survive in a world filled with alien and bio-engineered creatures.” Read Ryan Chaddock’s full article Science Fantasy RPGs For Techno-Wizards and Cyber-Orcs on Geek & Sundry.
- Are We Living in a Computer Simulation? By Clara Moskowitz.
- Lose Yourself in this Atlas of the World’s Lost Cities by Urvija Banerji.
Got something you’d like to see published in Cypher Chronicles next week? A cool blog post you’ve written about our games, scientific news that inspires your The Strange campaign, an Atlas Obscura photo that makes you dream of the Ninth World, a Kickstarter campaign that kindles your imagination, a charity event near and dear to your heart…share whatever you think would inspire Team MCG and would also be a good fit for Cypher Chronicles. Send your recommendations to [email protected] (submitting a recommendation does not guarantee publication).
Do you like us? Do you really like us? You can play an important role in helping us thrive and create more great games: Leave a review at DriveThruRPG, Amazon, or with your local game store owner. Share these chronicles with other gamers you know. Invite those you love to sit around a table with you and delve deep into their imagination to create shared memories that will last a lifetime.
P.S. You rock.
Hey, look! Now you can subscribe to get these blog posts right in your inbox. Right down there, at the bottom of this post! Just enter your email and you’ll never miss a post (we won’t use your email for anything else, we promise). We’ve also added an easy way to share these posts on social media. You should see the buttons right at the bottom of this page!
Keep up with MCG! Follow Monte Cook Games, the Weird of Numenera, and The Strange RPG on Twitter; like Monte Cook Games, The Strange, or Numenera on Facebook, and subscribe to our MCG channel on YouTube. We also have a Pinterest account, which isn’t news, per se, but it has lots of pretty pictures.
Also, don’t forget: If you need us for anything or have questions, we’re right here.