Iadace and welcome to Cypher Chronicles!
Exciting News and Interviews
- The secrets of the Queen of All Octopuses, her temple-palace of coral, and the unique technology of her kind—along with dozens of other wondrous locations and items—await you in Into the Deep. Pre-order your copy today and take your Cypher System game beneath the waves.
- Is Into the Deep one of your Kickstarter rewards? It’s not quite time to fulfill rewards yet, but it won’t be too much longer. Until then, here’s a small taste of what’s inside:
- We’re nearing the end of accepting Worlds of the Cypher System late pledges, so if you or a friend haven’t gotten in on these great books, there’s still a little time left. Backing can get you: Gods of the Fall, Predation, Unmasked, Myth of the Maker, Expanded Worlds, the Artifact Deck, the Asset Deck, the NPC Deck, and even more!
- Monte will be visiting the good folks of Games and Stuff in Glen Burnie, Maryland, on Saturday, April 16th, to help them celebrate the store’s 16th birthday. If you’re in the area, stop by and say hi!
- Past Go reviews No Thank You, Evil!, and it’s a great one to share with your friends who are on the fence about gaming with kids.
- Geek & Sundry puts Weird Discoveries on their list of Five Low-Prep Role-Playing Games for International Tabletop Day.
- Fandible is playing Numenera, and not only can you listen to the first episode in their Longshot Numenera series, you can enter to win their contest (hurry…the contest ends April 19th!).
Crowdfunding Campaigns and Other Things We Love
- Descants & Cadences, an Art Book by Stephanie Law: “From the artist of Shadowscapes Tarot & Dreamscapes series, a new art book presenting fantastic worlds, insect visions, dream creations.”
- Tune in to the GeeklyInc Twitch channel on International Tabletop Day (Saturday, April 30th) as they stream tabletop games for 24 hours and raise money for the Sundar and Neena Foundation.
- Did you know that you can become a patron of Jen Page and help support her artistic endeavors? Check it out here.
- Bruce takes you from MOAR coffee to wine o’clock in this week’s Special Feature: A Typical Day at Monte Cook Games.
- Stops radiation, turns bullets to dust on impact, what else can metal foam do?
- Mysterious giant sphere unearthed in forest divides opinion. We’re not sure why opinion is divided; it’s clearly a translation gate.
Got something you’d like to see published in Cypher Chronicles next week? A cool blog post you’ve written about our games, scientific news that inspires your The Strange campaign, an Atlas Obscura photo that makes you dream of the Ninth World, a Kickstarter campaign that kindles your imagination, a charity event near and dear to your heart…share whatever you think would inspire Team MCG and would also be a good fit for Cypher Chronicles. Send your recommendations to [email protected] (submitting a recommendation does not guarantee publication).
Do you like us? Do you really like us? You can play an important role in helping us thrive and create more great games: Leave a review at DriveThruRPG, Amazon, or with your local game store owner. Share these chronicles with other gamers you know. Invite those you love to sit around a table with you and delve deep into their imagination to create shared memories that will last a lifetime.
P.S. You rock.
Hey, look! Now you can subscribe to get these blog posts right in your inbox. Right down there, at the bottom of this post! Just enter your email and you’ll never miss a post (we won’t use your email for anything else, we promise). We’ve also added an easy way to share these posts on social media. You should see the buttons right at the bottom of this page!
Keep up with MCG! Follow Monte Cook Games, the Weird of Numenera, and The Strange RPG on Twitter; like Monte Cook Games, The Strange, or Numenera on Facebook, and subscribe to our MCG channel on YouTube. We also have a Pinterest account, which isn’t news, per se, but it has lots of pretty pictures.
Also, don’t forget: If you need us for anything or have questions, we’re right here.