Iadace, and welcome to Cypher Chronicles!
- Shanna’s article about the Predation playtest talks about how good playtesting finds flaws in design and helps the designer rebuild it even better than it was before. (Predation is available for pre-order through the MCG Shop now!)
- We released two new products this week! The first is Numenera Creature Deck 2, with 99 weird and wondrous creatures of the Ninth World. The second is the Numenera Cypher and Creature Deck Expansion, which has 30 new cypher cards and 30 new creature cards. And through Tuesday, May 23rd, you can get the 230-CREATURE BUNDLE: both of these new decks in print, plus the original Numenera Creature Deck in print, all for 20% off!
- Artist Anton Magdalina has done art for several of our recent books, and he’s posted a series of time-lapse painting videos of his work.
- GMs from the MCG Asset Team are running events at Phoenix Comicon next week!
- PaizoCon is next week! The Asset Team will be there running games, and Sean has a seminar talking about what’s coming up for MCG.
- Free RPG Day is June 17th, and the Asset Team GMs are running events at many local stores.
- Our warehouse team has been very busy this month—and they’re about to ship a ton of backer rewards in the next couple of weeks for the Strange Box Kickstarter, including The Strange corebook, The Strange Player’s Guide, Encyclopedia of Impossible Things, In Translation: The Strange Character Options, Strange Revelations: Ten Instant Adventures for The Strange, The Dark Spiral, The Strange Bestiary, Worlds Numberless and Strange, and the Myth of the Maker hardcover. Phew!
- Here are 50+ photos of strange and beautiful sea slugs. Animals in your game world don’t have to be drab!
- Artist Christopher Burdett shows how some of the creatures he illustrated for Into the Deep went from concept to sketch to final art.
- Artist Shaun Hughes shows how he engraves a skull and scrollwork onto a penny. Does your campaign have any unusual currency?
- Netflix and The Jim Henson Company are making “The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance”—a prequel series to the 1982 film! Trial by stone!
- The Cypher System Creator Program lets you publish and sell your own supplements and adventures for the Cypher System. Do you want to write a bunch of classic horror movie monsters for the Cypher System? Go for it! Want to write an “old West” adventure for the Cypher System? Do it! You can even publish stuff for Gods of the Fall! Right now there are more than 50 Cypher System supplements created by fans and other publishers—where’s yours? If you’re a CSCP publisher and you have an especially cool product, let us know about it!
If you have something you’d like to see published in Cypher Chronicles next week, share it with us! Send your recommendations to [email protected] (submitting a recommendation does not guarantee publication). And if you have an ongoing streaming game of Numenera, The Strange, or the Cypher System, let us know!
You can play an important role in helping us thrive and create more great games: Leave a review at DriveThruRPG, Amazon, or with your local game store. Share these chronicles with other gamers you know (the social media buttons are at the bottom of this post).
You can subscribe to get these blog posts right in your inbox. Right down there, at the bottom of this post! Just enter your email, and you’ll never miss a post (we won’t use your email for anything else, we promise).
Keep up with MCG! Follow Monte Cook Games, the Weird of Numenera, and The Strange RPG on Twitter, like Monte Cook Games on Facebook, and subscribe to our MCG channel on YouTube. We also have a Pinterest account, which isn’t news, per se, but it has lots of pretty pictures.