Iadace, and welcome to Cypher Chronicles!
- It’s January, and that means it is time to celebrate New Gamemaster Month! Whether you’re new to gaming or a long-time player who’s never happened to take the GM’s seat, we’re making the process of running your first adventure an easy one.
- Assault on Singularity Base is a unique adventure that pits not one, but six groups of PCs against the Imperial forces. Run it as a mega-event with as many as 36 players and seven GMs, or choose any of the individual team missions to run for a single gaming group. Available now on the MCG Shop.
- Numenera: Strand, the spectacular short film by Valdes/Eriksdotter Productions, is now live on Youtube and Vimeo. What are fans saying about it?
“Numenera: Strand shows the Ninth World in a way nobody has seen until now. The visuals are stunning, and the acting superb. Without any dialogue from the main character, this short film tells an epic story of wonder and mystery. After watching it, you are still left with the same question that began it all: Is it technology, or is it magic?” —Austin Kazda
“Numenera: Strand is an excellent visual introduction to the world of Numenera. It bleeds style and intent with every shot.” —Jacob DC Ross
“Stunning! An amazing and beautiful introduction to the world of Numenera. I will require all my players to watch this before we begin our first session.” —William Nabors
- Where will Bruce and Sean be this weekend? We’re glad you asked. They will both be in the Seattle area attending cons!
- “We want to go a step further. We want to actually close the loop between the human and the bionic external limb.” —Hugh Herr, the head of the MIT Media Lab’s Biomechtronics Group (stay tuned to the end of the video to watch ballroom dancer Adrianne Haslet-Davis, who lost her left leg in the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing, perform again for the first time since the bombing).
- This Flickr photostream by Alexander Semenov will inspire your Into the Deep campaign. (h/t Fabio Mano)
- The Art of the Self-Directed Project: Wylie Beckert discusses her recent, and very successful, Kickstarter and all of the preparation she put into it.
- Do you like maps? How about declassified government maps? Us, too!
- Liz Danforth, who has been illustrating fantasy and science fiction games, novels, and anthologies for 40 years, has launched a Patreon to create a series of full-size paintings, and more.
- Check out more great artists creating magic on Patreon: Jared Blando, Nicholas Cloister, Dennis Detwiller, David Hueso, Eric Lofgren, Jen Page, Joe Slucher, and EN World. The awesome is overwhelming!
- Did you miss Green Ronin’s Kickstarter campaign for Blue Rose: The AGE RPG of Romantic Fantasy? Fear not! For a limited time, you can now pre-order the book.
- Battle for the Universe – Competitive Card Game, by Jonny Hinkle: “A Competitive, Story and Player driven, Comic Book Themed Card game for 2 players. Build a deck, play your team, decide their fate…”
- Khan of Khans family game, by Chaosium Inc.: “Join the tribe bringing Reiner Knizia’s fast-paced game of Khan of Khans to life. Set in Greg Stafford’s Mythic World of Glorantha.”
Got something you’d like to see published in Cypher Chronicles next week? A cool blog post you’ve written about our games, scientific news that inspires your The Strange campaign, an Atlas Obscura photo that makes you dream of the Ninth World, a Kickstarter campaign that kindles your imagination, a charity event near and dear to your heart…share whatever you think would inspire Team MCG and would also be a good fit for Cypher Chronicles. Send your recommendations to email@example.com (submitting a recommendation does not guarantee publication).
Do you like us? Do you really like us? You can play an important role in helping us thrive and create more great games: Leave a review at DriveThruRPG, Amazon, or with your local game store owner. Share these chronicles with other gamers you know. Invite those you love to sit around a table with you and delve deep into their imagination to create shared memories that will last a lifetime.
P.S. You Rock
Hey, look! Now you can subscribe to get these blog posts right in your inbox. Right down there, at the bottom of this post! Just enter your email, and you’ll never miss a post (we won’t use your email for anything else, we promise). We’ve also added an easy way to share these posts on social media. You should see the buttons right at the bottom of this page!
Keep up with MCG! Follow Monte Cook Games, the Weird of Numenera, and The Strange RPG on Twitter, like Monte Cook Games on Facebook, and subscribe to our MCG channel on YouTube. We also have a Pinterest account, which isn’t news, per se, but it has lots of pretty pictures.