Iadace and welcome to Cypher Chronicles!
Exciting News and Interviews
“This tome has a secret title,” he said. “It’s called Breath of the Gods.”
He slung the book behind him again and reached for her hand. She pulled away. Even without touching her, he could feel her pain. So instead of telling her about the spark he’d awakened, he showed her.
And this time, she saw his nimbus. The deep furrows of sorrow in her face briefly lifted to surprise, perhaps even wonder.
She reached for him, touched his cheek. The contact was something he thought he’d never feel again. She’d fed him, sheltered him, saved him from the street; she’d loved him. And he’d loved her, like a mother.
“What have you become?” she finally asked, her voice shaking.
- Find out how the story ends in Breath of God, a short fiction piece by Bruce R. Cordell. (This Kickstarter reward was delivered to backers of Worlds of the Cypher System earlier this week.)
- You have the divine spark—the seed of godhood within you. Can you restore what was broken before the world vanishes forever into darkness? Can you claim a place for yourself in the heavens? Walk your divine path with Gods of the Fall.
- Gods of the Fall with Kickstarter-exclusive poster map is shipping to Worlds of the Cypher System backers who’ve redeemed it. Look at all these boxes full of goodness making their way to new homes worldwide.
- Speaking of worldwide, we continue to work on setting up our EU shipping center in the UK. We expect it to be operational by mid-summer.
- Did you enjoy the #glimmerstorm (h/t @webRat) earlier this week? The 10 free glimmers, a reward for backers of Worlds of the Cypher System, were delivered on Tuesday. Huzzah for Kickstarter rewards! (By the way, it has been a very busy week for us, so if you’ve sent us a message, please have patience with us while we catch up.)
- If you’re running a Numenera, The Strange, or Cypher System adventure event at Gen Con, tell us about it and we’ll help you spread the word. After you’ve run your event, come by the MCG HQ in the exhibit hall (booth 1935), show us your players’ event tickets, and we’ll give you a small token of our appreciation.
- Torment: Tides of Numenera Explorer’s Guide, by Shanna Germain is coming in August. Check out this cool update from Gamerati.
Crowdfunding Campaigns and Other Things We Love
- Equality Florida Action, Inc. works for equality and justice for Florida’s lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community. Stand united against bigotry.
- For Those Who Cannot Fly: Performance About Borders & Walls, by Bird on a Wire: “Performance exploring the visceral effect of walls, lines, and borders on communities. Traveling to San Francisco for FURYFactory 2016.”
- Wicked Kingdom – Illustrated Playing Cards by Wylie Beckert, by Wylie Beckert: “An art-rich poker deck with a narrative twist; hand-painted by fantasy illustrator Wylie Beckert and printed by the USPCC.”
- Attacking the Darkness – A Feature Mockumentary by Zombie Orpheus: “A comedy mockumentary about the people who want to ban tabletop gaming and their epic quest: to produce the ultimate anti-RPG movie.”
- Keith Garrett celebrated National Doughnut Day by writing Subsector Precinct Station 18: “The Donut,” which includes a piece of art by his son. This is a great companion for Sector Agents, a space setting from issue 6 of CypherCaster Magazine.
- Scientists conclude Octopus DNA is not from THIS world, but we could have told them that. (h/t: Cypher System Gaming)
- 17 haunting realistic dioramas of a post-apocalyptic world (mini-dioramas!)
- Caress of the Gaze by designer Behnaz Farahi is a 3-D printed vest that shifts shape with a glance.
Got something you’d like to see published in Cypher Chronicles next week? A cool blog post you’ve written about our games, scientific news that inspires your The Strange campaign, an Atlas Obscura photo that makes you dream of the Ninth World, a Kickstarter campaign that kindles your imagination, a charity event near and dear to your heart…share whatever you think would inspire Team MCG and would also be a good fit for Cypher Chronicles. Send your recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org (submitting a recommendation does not guarantee publication).
Do you like us? Do you really like us? You can play an important role in helping us thrive and create more great games: Leave a review at DriveThruRPG, Amazon, or with your local game store owner. Share these chronicles with other gamers you know. Invite those you love to sit around a table with you and delve deep into their imagination to create shared memories that will last a lifetime.
P.S. You rock.
Hey, look! Now you can subscribe to get these blog posts right in your inbox. Right down there, at the bottom of this post! Just enter your email and you’ll never miss a post (we won’t use your email for anything else, we promise). We’ve also added an easy way to share these posts on social media. You should see the buttons right at the bottom of this page!
Keep up with MCG! Follow Monte Cook Games, the Weird of Numenera, and The Strange RPG on Twitter; like Monte Cook Games, The Strange, or Numenera on Facebook, and subscribe to our MCG channel on YouTube. We also have a Pinterest account, which isn’t news, per se, but it has lots of pretty pictures.
Also, don’t forget: If you need us for anything or have questions, we’re right here.