Iadace and welcome to Cypher Chronicles!
Exciting News and Interviews
- Shanna is the Game Designer Guest of Honor at LepreCon 42 this weekend, at the Embassy Suites Phoenix North in Phoenix, Arizona. Here is her schedule.
- Check out The Fear Factor, the latest Your Game article, and get some specific tips from Charles on how to add fear and suspense to your game.
- Join us at one of our seminars at Gen Con 2016…you’ll be glad you did!
- GMing MCG Games (Thursday at noon). Great tips on running fantastic Cypher System games straight from expert MCG GMs.
- Designing for the Cypher System (Thursday at 2:00). Learn how to design and write great content and rules for this flexible and unique system. This is a super-useful seminar for anyone thinking of producing products for Cypher System Creator.
- Instant Adventure with Monte Cook (Friday at 11:00). Last year’s session was loads of fun. (Watch the video—it’s a hoot!)
- The MCG Seminar (Saturday at 1:00). We’ll be unveiling some pretty cool news—and there’s usually a little treat for our seminar attendees as well. This is one you DO NOT want to miss.
- Running RPGs for Children (Sunday at 11:00). How to run a great game for kids, from the creators of No Thank You, Evil!
Crowdfunding Campaigns and Other Things We Love
- Daily Paintings – The Art of Piper Thibodeau, by Forge Publishing: “Daily Paintings is a high-quality hardcover art book collecting the best of Piper Thibodeau’s daily paintings from the past four years.”
- DragonStone Mine! A family friendly board game, by Steve Port: “DragonStones are the most sought after precious gems in existence. Be the first to gather a set and harness their power!”
- Did you know that some of the artists who create illustrations for us also have Patreon campaigns? Check these out and get involved: Jared Blando, Nicholas Cloister, David Hueso, Eric Lofgren, and Joe Slucher.
- Numenera: Strand from Valdes/Erisdotter made its theatrical premier recently and is now available worldwide to purchase.
- Take a journey—albeit a circular one—atop a firefly, beetle, grasshopper, ladybug, or other giant insect on the Bronx Zoo Bug Carousel.
- Would Aliens Really Kill Us, ‘Independence Day’-Style? An interesting article by Elizabeth Howell.
Got something you’d like to see published in Cypher Chronicles next week? A cool blog post you’ve written about our games, scientific news that inspires your The Strange campaign, an Atlas Obscura photo that makes you dream of the Ninth World, a Kickstarter campaign that kindles your imagination, a charity event near and dear to your heart…share whatever you think would inspire Team MCG and would also be a good fit for Cypher Chronicles. Send your recommendations to [email protected] (submitting a recommendation does not guarantee publication).
Do you like us? Do you really like us? You can play an important role in helping us thrive and create more great games: Leave a review at DriveThruRPG, Amazon, or with your local game store owner. Share these chronicles with other gamers you know. Invite those you love to sit around a table with you and delve deep into their imagination to create shared memories that will last a lifetime.
P.S. You rock.
Hey, look! Now you can subscribe to get these blog posts right in your inbox. Right down there, at the bottom of this post! Just enter your email and you’ll never miss a post (we won’t use your email for anything else, we promise). We’ve also added an easy way to share these posts on social media. You should see the buttons right at the bottom of this page!
Keep up with MCG! Follow Monte Cook Games, the Weird of Numenera, and The Strange RPG on Twitter; like Monte Cook Games, The Strange, or Numenera on Facebook, and subscribe to our MCG channel on YouTube. We also have a Pinterest account, which isn’t news, per se, but it has lots of pretty pictures.
Also, don’t forget: If you need us for anything or have questions, we’re right here.