Exciting News and Interviews
- Torment: The Explorer’s Guide details some of the weird and fascinating places, people, and creatures in Torment: Tides of Numenera, the highly anticipated video game coming soon from inXile Entertainment. Through Torment: The Explorer’s Guide, you’ll discover secrets of the computer game, and explore its world in greater depth and detail. Pre-order the print edition now from the MCG Shop for delivery in August, and you’ll get the PDF of Torment: The Explorer’s Guide for free!
- Check out Share the Cost, the latest Monte Says article, wherein he lays out the case for being good to your GM.
- Monte is often asked about his thoughts on the D&D media panic of the 1980s. For a great report about roleplaying and society from the early days to today, check out D&D: Lessons from a Media Panic, from RetroReport; stick with it and don’t miss the wise words from Junot Diaz.
- The Cypher System Creator on DriveThruRPG is thriving. There are 17 titles now, spanning a mix of genres. Pick up a new title today and support the Cypher System Creator publishers.
- Despite Brexit, MCG will continue setting up a shipping center in England, for shipping to the UK and EU. Barring any other unforeseen circumstances, the UK/EU shipping center is anticipated to open in mid-summer 2016.
- If you are coming to Gen Con 2016, you can pick up your rewards/purchases from the MCG booth (1935); simply follow the standard checkout procedure on the MCG Shop and choose “Pickup at Gencon 2016 (Aug 4-7)” as your shipping option.
Crowdfunding Campaigns and Other Things We Love
- DragonStone Mine! A family friendly board game, by Steve Port: “DragonStones are the most sought after precious gems in existence. Be the first to gather a set and harness their power!”
- Word-o-Mat: Fix the Literary Zine Machine, by Charlotte Ormston: “An indie publisher of new, short writing. We hand-make tiny books in tiny boxes & need to fix a vintage cigarette machine to sell them.”
- Atheist Shoes Mobile Shop across the USA, by David Bonney: “Bringing comfort & godlessness to the USA, via a bus full of handmade shoes & a whole lotta love from friendly European atheists.”
- Looking for a great list of RPG-related podcasts? Keith Garrett has you covered in A Sampling of RPG Podcasts on Gnome Stew.
- Speaking of great game-related resources, Gnome Stew is a fantastic, award-winning multi-author blog about tabletop games and game mastering. For example, check out The BBC Method of Story Arcing: Part 1 by Chris Sniezak.
- Need inspiration for your Numenera game? Please visit The Mechanical Bard, a great fan site run by Andrew Montgomery-Hurrell and friends. “The Mechanical Bard isn’t merely an ancient automaton who has wandered across the Steadfast and the Beyond since before a bygone era, collecting tales to share both on and off the datasphere. The Mechanical Bard is also a place to explore the world of Numenera through fiction, bringing together all of the Numenera fan community to do what they love—telling stories.”
- Scientists have developed a new kind of material that stitches itself back together after it is cut in half.
Got something you’d like to see published in Cypher Chronicles next week? A cool blog post you’ve written about our games, scientific news that inspires your The Strange campaign, an Atlas Obscura photo that makes you dream of the Ninth World, a Kickstarter campaign that kindles your imagination, a charity event near and dear to your heart…share whatever you think would inspire Team MCG and would also be a good fit for Cypher Chronicles. Send your recommendations to [email protected] (submitting a recommendation does not guarantee publication).
Do you like us? Do you really like us? You can play an important role in helping us thrive and create more great games: Leave a review at DriveThruRPG, Amazon, or with your local game store owner. Share these chronicles with other gamers you know. Invite those you love to sit around a table with you and delve deep into their imagination to create shared memories that will last a lifetime.
P.S. You rock.
Hey, look! Now you can subscribe to get these blog posts right in your inbox. Right down there, at the bottom of this post! Just enter your email and you’ll never miss a post (we won’t use your email for anything else, we promise). We’ve also added an easy way to share these posts on social media. You should see the buttons right at the bottom of this page!
Keep up with MCG! Follow Monte Cook Games, the Weird of Numenera, and The Strange RPG on Twitter; like Monte Cook Games, The Strange, or Numenera on Facebook, and subscribe to our MCG channel on YouTube. We also have a Pinterest account, which isn’t news, per se, but it has lots of pretty pictures.
Also, don’t forget: If you need us for anything or have questions, we’re right here.