Iadace, and welcome to Cypher Chronicles!
Exciting News and Interviews
- We’re honored that three of our products have been nominated for 2016 ENnie Awards, and to celebrate, we’re having a sale on the nominated products…including a very limited quantity of the Numenera Boxed Set: Reliquary, a product not normally available.
- Voting for the ENnies takes place from July 11th to July 21st, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorite games. Congratulations and best of luck to all the nominees!
- Looking for an incredible new recursion for your game of The Strange—or to bring godlike powers into your Numenera campaign? Or maybe you just want to port some new cyphers, character options, and creatures into your game. Gods Beyond: Converting Gods of the Fall for Numenera and The Strange gives you all the tools you need to lift material from Gods of the Fall and drop it seamlessly into Numenera or The Strange.
- In Gods of the Fall, divine shifts power-up the PCs, granting them the ability to exceed the normal rules of task resolution. So, how do you assign levels for task resolution in your game? Bruce explains it to us in Transcending Difficulty 10 in Gods Of The Fall, the latest Beyond the Book article.
- Can you believe it’s been 10 years since Malhavoc Press released Ptolus: City by the Spire? In the latest Monte Says article, Monte talks about the creation of Ptolus: City by the Spire and what we can learn from it today.
- We’ll be hosting demos of our games (Numenera, The Strange, Cypher System, No Thank You, Evil!) in our booth (#1935) at Gen Con, so if you’ve purchased one of our games but never played it, or you have a friend you’d like to introduce to our games, please stop by the booth for a brief, basic demo. And if you are an expert at running our games and want to run a few of these demos for us, please contact Thomas Howell ([email protected]) to find out about the perks and sign up to volunteer.
Crowdfunding Campaigns and Other Things We Love
- Cosmic Balance Strategy Boardgame of Angels and Demons, by Alexandra Tinsman: “Use your god powers to tip the scale and control the eternal fates of mortals in this Hellishly good game of angels and demons!”
- Sea Monster Jamboree Shower Curtain, by Don Moyer: “Add thrills to the most dangerous room in your house. Surround yourself with charming and bizarre sea monsters.”
- Have you heard about Dr. Jon Freeman and The Brooklyn Strategist? A neuroscientist running a game cafe with all types of cool boardgame programs for kids and adults sounds fantastic to us.
- Check out this article by Mariella Moon about bomb-sniffing, tattooed, cyborg locusts.
- Order your FarmBot Genesis today and be the envy of your neighborhood with your very own robot-gardener.
- Want some more inspiration for your Into the Deep campaign? Check out Antarctic Octopuses Discovered With Sub-Zero Venom, by Jess McNally.
- Gaming with kids this summer? You’ll want to read this excellent, succinct article by Katrina Ostrander, How Not to Run D&D for Kids, Tweens, & Teens.
Got something you’d like to see published in Cypher Chronicles next week? A cool blog post you’ve written about our games, scientific news that inspires your The Strange campaign, an Atlas Obscura photo that makes you dream of the Ninth World, a Kickstarter campaign that kindles your imagination, a charity event near and dear to your heart…share whatever you think would inspire Team MCG and would also be a good fit for Cypher Chronicles. Send your recommendations to [email protected] (submitting a recommendation does not guarantee publication).
Do you like us? Do you really like us? You can play an important role in helping us thrive and create more great games: Leave a review at DriveThruRPG, Amazon, or with your local game store owner. Share these chronicles with other gamers you know. Invite those you love to sit around a table with you and delve deep into their imagination to create shared memories that will last a lifetime.
P.S. You rock.
Hey, look! Now you can subscribe to get these blog posts right in your inbox. Right down there, at the bottom of this post! Just enter your email and you’ll never miss a post (we won’t use your email for anything else, we promise). We’ve also added an easy way to share these posts on social media. You should see the buttons right at the bottom of this page!
Keep up with MCG! Follow Monte Cook Games, the Weird of Numenera, and The Strange RPG on Twitter; like Monte Cook Games, The Strange, or Numenera on Facebook, and subscribe to our MCG channel on YouTube. We also have a Pinterest account, which isn’t news, per se, but it has lots of pretty pictures.
Also, don’t forget: If you need us for anything or have questions, we’re right here.