Iadace, and welcome to Cypher Chronicles!
Exciting News, Interviews, and Reviews
- The Invisible Sun Kickstarter campaign has turned dark…to the Nightside. The Nightside is a current of magic that flows through the suns in the opposite order of the traditional Path of Suns, starting with Gold and moving back up to Silver. Are you a daring vislae? One who is willing to experience and interact with darker, more dangerous forces? One who will cast the spell one of the Black Cube during the Nightside? Join us as we pass through the gate of Korazon and return to the Gold Sun on the Nightside Path.
- Numenera Character Options 2 arrived in our warehouse today! It releases in late September, but pre-orders are now open. Numenera Character Options 2 brings you new location-based and racial descriptors, exciting new foci, new organizations, and two new types.
- Visit with Dennis and Sean at PAX West this weekend, where they’ll be running games and showing off our newest releases in room 209.
- The seventh issue of the CypherCaster Magazine is out and it is packed with goodness. A product preview of Torment: Tides of Numenera—The Explorer’s Guide, an interview with Monte about Invisible Sun, photos from Gen Con, and so much more!
- Monte was interviewed about Invisible Sun on Cypher Live by hosts James Walls, Marc Plourde, and Ryan Chaddock.
- You can listen to or read this interview by Darcy Ross, of Gnome Stew, and Mika Talley, as they talk with Monte about Invisible Sun characters, orders, asymmetrical play, and of course…secrets!
- Renaissance Gamer recommends No Thank You, Evil! as a great way to introduce kids to the RPG hobby. “The kids essentially play as super versions of themselves, in a fantasy world similar to their own but packed with everything they think is cool. They are the heroes who must fight whatever evil threatens their world! It is sometimes silly, always fun, and the perfect game for getting young kids into RPGs.”
- Over on Geek & Sundry, Ryan Chaddock recommends you Get Creative Smashing Bad Guys with the Cypher System, in a great round-up review of of the Cypher System.
Crowdfunding Campaigns and Other Things We Love
- Friday Afternoon Tea is Leveling Up…The Sequel!, by Friday Elliott: Friday Afternoon Tea is leveling up, again! This online tea boutique is expanding into a brick-and-mortar retail store, plus geeky fun space for gaming, reading, crafting, and generally being awesome. Please help this local Seattle business grow!
- Scurry Book 1: Doomed Colony – A post-apocalyptic mouse tale, by Mac Smith: “A lushly painted comic about mice struggling to survive a long, strange winter. Humans are gone, food is scarce, and monsters prowl…”
- Nils Gulliksson – bilder från rollspelens guldålder, by Fria Ligan: “Experience Nils Gulliksson legendary images of dragons and demons and other classic role-playing in this art book of Orvar Säfström.”
- Fidget Cube: A Vinyl Desk Toy, by Matthew and Mark McLachlan: “An unusually addicting, high-quality desk toy designed to help you focus. Fidget at work, in class, and at home in style.”
- Endangered Orphans of Condyle Cove, by Certifiable Studios: “A deplorable tabletop game devoid of joy, hope, or humor; which, regrettably, is also far more awesome than it has any right to be.”
Got something you’d like to see published in Cypher Chronicles next week? A cool blog post you’ve written about our games, scientific news that inspires your The Strange campaign, an Atlas Obscura photo that makes you dream of the Ninth World, a Kickstarter campaign that kindles your imagination, a charity event near and dear to your heart…share whatever you think would inspire Team MCG and would also be a good fit for Cypher Chronicles. Send your recommendations to [email protected] (submitting a recommendation does not guarantee publication).
Do you like us? Do you really like us? You can play an important role in helping us thrive and create more great games: Leave a review at DriveThruRPG, Amazon, or with your local game store owner. Share these chronicles with other gamers you know. Invite those you love to sit around a table with you and delve deep into their imagination to create shared memories that will last a lifetime.
P.S. You rock.
Hey, look! Now you can subscribe to get these blog posts right in your inbox. Right down there, at the bottom of this post! Just enter your email and you’ll never miss a post (we won’t use your email for anything else, we promise). We’ve also added an easy way to share these posts on social media. You should see the buttons right at the bottom of this page!
Keep up with MCG! Follow Monte Cook Games, the Weird of Numenera, and The Strange RPG on Twitter; like Monte Cook Games, The Strange, or Numenera on Facebook, and subscribe to our MCG channel on YouTube. We also have a Pinterest account, which isn’t news, per se, but it has lots of pretty pictures.