Iadace, and welcome to Cypher Chronicles!
Exciting News and Interviews
- Greetings vislae! Can you believe there are only a few days left in the Invisible Sun Kickstarter campaign? We’ve shared loads of information in a short span with you about the campaign and the game, and Sean has thoughtfully written a summary for your reference, complete with links to appropriate sources. So please check out What Has Been Revealed So Far to know, well, what has been revealed so far.
- On Friday, Monte tweeted, “On the Nightside Path, tomorrow will be Indigo. However, we can also see storms moving in at the beginning of next week. #InvisibleSunRPG” I wonder, what is that about?
- Are you a Charming Glint Who Works Miracles? Or perhaps an Abrasive Seeker Who Lives On The Road? Or maybe you are a Coraoan Nano Who Becomes Energy? You’ll never know unless you read Numenera Character Options 2, which is available for pre-order now through the MCG Shop.
- Numenera Character Options 2 is a Kickstarter reward/add-on for many backers of the Numenera: Into the Ninth World Kickstarter campaign. So, if you are eagerly awaiting your email redemption notice, rest assured it will be sent out next week.
- Cypher Play: Numenera Season One, our Organized Play Program, launches on September 16th. Interested brick-and-mortar retailers can click here to apply for Season One. If you are interested in playing, take this info to your FLGS (friendly local game store), and ask them to apply.
- Torment: Tides of Numenera won Best RPG at PAX West this year from MMORPG.com. Huzzah, and congratulations inXile!
- Speaking of Torment: Tides of Numenera, the good folks at inXile are holding a fan art contest and we’d love for you to get involved. Check out the announcement on their Facebook page for details.
- On September 12th from 8 – 10 PM ET, Shanna—along with other fantasy authors—will be a guest on Meet the Fantasy Worldbuilders, hosted by Aetaltis.
- Still hungry for more Invisible Sun information? On episode 66 of Shane Plays, Shane interviewed Charles to get the inside scoop on the game and Kickstarter campaign.
- And don’t miss these Q&A videos with Sean interviewing Monte about Invisible Sun.
Crowdfunding Campaigns and Other Things We Love
- Thornwatch, by Lone Shark Games: “Lone Shark Games and Penny Arcade have combined forces to create the first Eyrewood Adventures game: Thornwatch!”
- DRAGONLOCK 2: Fantasy Village Terrain for 3D Printers, by Tom Tullis: “The DRAGONLOCK™ terrain system for 3D printers allows you to create modular interlocking buildings of your own design.”
- Adorable Monsters, by Zach Weisman: “A party game for people who like monsters, quick turns, easy strategy, and eating their friends.”
- World of Aetaltis RPG Campaign Setting for Fifth Edition, by Marc Tassin: “A new classic heroic fantasy RPG setting for use with Fifth Edition. Books, accessories, maps, & more for your 5E roleplaying game!”
- EN World has a Patreon campaign with cool goals to provide more tabletop news coverage, more articles, more reporters.
- The surreal art of Anton Semenov is sure to inspire you and give you weird ideas for your campaign.
- “Seeing may be believing but, says cognitive scientist Donald Hoffman, it shouldn’t be.” How much reality do we perceive? Read We’re All Living in a ‘Conceptual Prison’, by Kathryn Nave.
- Does your game room need an upgrade? If you are feeling crafty, perhaps you can make this cool panel with a crystal river. (If you do, send us pics!)
Got something you’d like to see published in Cypher Chronicles next week? A cool blog post you’ve written about our games, scientific news that inspires your The Strange campaign, an Atlas Obscura photo that makes you dream of the Ninth World, a Kickstarter campaign that kindles your imagination, a charity event near and dear to your heart…share whatever you think would inspire Team MCG and would also be a good fit for Cypher Chronicles. Send your recommendations to [email protected] (submitting a recommendation does not guarantee publication).
Do you like us? Do you really like us? You can play an important role in helping us thrive and create more great games: Leave a review at DriveThruRPG, Amazon, or with your local game store owner. Share these chronicles with other gamers you know. Invite those you love to sit around a table with you and delve deep into their imagination to create shared memories that will last a lifetime.
P.S. You rock.
Hey, look! Now you can subscribe to get these blog posts right in your inbox. Right down there, at the bottom of this post! Just enter your email and you’ll never miss a post (we won’t use your email for anything else, we promise). We’ve also added an easy way to share these posts on social media. You should see the buttons right at the bottom of this page!
Keep up with MCG! Follow Monte Cook Games, the Weird of Numenera, and The Strange RPG on Twitter; like Monte Cook Games, The Strange, or Numenera on Facebook, and subscribe to our MCG channel on YouTube. We also have a Pinterest account, which isn’t news, per se, but it has lots of pretty pictures.