Iadace, and welcome to Cypher Chronicles!
Exciting News, Reviews, and Interviews
- Are you in the Savannah, Georgia area this weekend? If so, please stop by The Guild Hall and visit with Monte, Shanna, and Bruce for GuildCon 2016 on Saturday, September 24th.
- Numenera Character Options 2 will be available through your FLGS and on the MCG Shop on September 28th.
- If Numenera Character Options 2 is one of your Kickstarter rewards, a fulfillment email with redemption instructions was sent to you on the evening of September 21st, and fulfillment orders started shipping today!
- If you pre-ordered Numenera Character Options 2, your order will ship Saturday, September 24th.
- Numenera: Strand, the gorgeous Numenera short film created by Valdes/Eriksdotter, is available to purchase or rent through Vimeo.
In Guests of Dragon Con 2016, Bruce gives us his round-up of being an attendee at the convention (along with Monte and Shanna).
Crowdfunding Campaigns and Other Things We Love
- The Mysterious Package Company Presents: Filigree in Shadow, by Timothy Sullivan: “Filigree in Shadow is a Victorian thriller, delivered to your doorstep by mail.”
- Casefile: ARKHAM “Her Blood Runs Cold,” by Team Kaiju: “Detective Hank Flynn is back on the mean streets of Lovecraft’s most cursed of cities—Arkham, Massachusetts.”
- Flexo – Bendable, bouncy, flexible building bricks! by Flexo: “Bounce, twist, bend, wrap or wear! Flexo uses a unique rigid brick and flexible tendon that allows you to truly flex your imagination!”
- Andrew Mayer, a friend of Shanna’s, has a written a book about making digital games. If you want to know more about succeeding in the world of digital game making, please check out Making Games Better: The Art and Process of Game Design and Development.
- Is gaming essential for life? Maybe! “Childhood pretend play, or ‘Imaginative Play,’ is an important developmental tool, but the benefits still apply to adults.” Read the full article by Avery Liell-Kok over on Gnome Stew.
- What do dolphins talk about?
- Bees make chic apartments in rocks.
- Could water bears help make humans more resistant to radiation?
Got something you’d like to see published in Cypher Chronicles next week? A cool blog post you’ve written about our games, scientific news that inspires your The Strange campaign, an Atlas Obscura photo that makes you dream of the Ninth World, a Kickstarter campaign that kindles your imagination, a charity event near and dear to your heart…share whatever you think would inspire Team MCG and would also be a good fit for Cypher Chronicles. Send your recommendations to email@example.com (submitting a recommendation does not guarantee publication).
Do you like us? Do you really like us? You can play an important role in helping us thrive and create more great games: Leave a review at DriveThruRPG, Amazon, or with your local game store owner. Share these chronicles with other gamers you know. Invite those you love to sit around a table with you and delve deep into their imagination to create shared memories that will last a lifetime.
P.S. You rock.
Hey, look! Now you can subscribe to get these blog posts right in your inbox. Right down there, at the bottom of this post! Just enter your email and you’ll never miss a post (we won’t use your email for anything else, we promise). We’ve also added an easy way to share these posts on social media. You should see the buttons right at the bottom of this page!
Keep up with MCG! Follow Monte Cook Games, the Weird of Numenera, and The Strange RPG on Twitter; like Monte Cook Games, The Strange, or Numenera on Facebook, and subscribe to our MCG channel on YouTube. We also have a Pinterest account, which isn’t news, per se, but it has lots of pretty pictures.