Iadace and welcome to Cypher Chronicles!
Get Cypher Chronicles, and other MCG news, delivered right to your inbox! Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button in the right-hand column, and you’ll never miss a post. You can also suggest topics for Cypher Chronicles by emailing us at email@example.com.
Numenera 2 Kickstarter Off To A Tremendous Start
We launched Numenera 2 early this week, and the response was nothing less than tremendous. Thank you. As Charles Ryan, our COO, said, the launch “was the best Kickstarter day I’ve ever experienced. By far, bar none.” We’ve unlocked several stretch goals, and are working on another one even now.
Numenera Discovery and Destiny await for those brave enough to seek out the works of the prior worlds. Characters who uncover and master the numenera can unlock the powers and abilities of the ancients, and bring new light to a struggling world.
Please head over to the campaign and check it out if you haven’t already. And if you would, please help us spread the word about Numenera 2 with the hashtag #numenera2.
Welcome To Ellomyr
As part of the Numenera 2 Kickstarter, we’re following the development of a small Ninth World community called Ellomyr. In the days and weeks to come, Ellomyr will face the kinds of challenges and dangers that many communities in the Ninth World are confronted with.
As Ellomyr faces these challenges, we’ll ask for your help, so the community can grow and thrive. Will Ellomyr ultimately become a thriving city that offers a safe and bright future for Ninth World citizens, or will it be lost to the darkness and dangers that threaten it? We’ll only know when this campaign is completed.
Fans of the Cypher System created a Discord server called Cypher Unlimited! Discord is a free chat and voice service made for gamers, so it’s great for discussing things in different chat rooms, as well as wrangling a group to play together over voice channels.
Co-creator Al Mejias explains that despite the servers newness, there “has already been some very lively discussion about game ideas, helpful tips for games, and friendly banter about whatever is on people’s minds. Everyone who has joined has been fantastic so far and we even have regulars already.”
- So inspiring! A family buys glasses for their dad who can’t see in color for his birthday, and he gets to experience it for the first time.
- If you know us, you know we like octopuses as much—or perhaps even a little more—than other creatures of the sea. So you know we like these octopuses carved from solid pieces of wood.
- Consider supporting the IGDN Metatopia Diversity Scholarship Fund on IndieGoGo. Past recipient Darcy Ross has this to say “Last year, I was able to attend Metatopia, the tabletop game design festival, because of this scholarship. I playtested and workshopped my first game, playtested games for other people, and generally talked game design and theory well into the night for an entire weekend. This is a great scholarship to support!” Or consider applying for a scholarship yourself!
- Hey, it’s our friends Wyrd Edizioni and Rob Schwalb, together at last, now Kickstarting an Italian translation of Shadow of the Demon Lord! Rob says “Two years ago, I launched a Kickstarter campaign for Shadow of the Demon Lord, my take on horror fantasy roleplaying. In this game, the players take on the roles of embattled survivors charged with fighting against the apocalypse embodied by the Demon Lord. With streamlined mechanics and short campaigns, it’s everything you want in a dark fantasy game. Now, Wyrd Edizioni is hard at work translating Shadow into Italian and releasing the game as a gorgeous boxed set! I’m thrilled my partners have taken the steps to bring my little game to a brand new audience.”
- Are you a fan of the red planet? How about the pulpy tales that Mars has inspired over the decades? If so, then Cavaliers of Mars is probably right up your alley. Kickstarting now!
The Strange Cypher Deck, XP Deck, and Creature Deck are terrific game aids that make it easy to randomly determine and track transient items. The Strange Cypher Chest brings them all together in a single print product that gives you all three decks plus a great way to store them! The three decks come in a sturdy rigid box, sized to sit neatly alongside your The Strange books on your RPG shelves. The internal tray holds the three existing decks, with room to store future expansions.