Iadace, and welcome to Cypher Chronicles!
Exciting News, Reviews, and Interviews
- Season 1 of Cypher Play Numenera has begun, and game stores are starting to schedule the first games of the season. Is your local store involved? If not, ask them to sign up at the website, it’s free, and its purpose is to get new people playing Numenera.
- Congratulations to Angry Robot for being named Best Independent Press from the British Fantasy Society! (And we’re very excited about their release of The Poison Eater by Shanna Germain in paperback this January!)
- The Cypher Speak podcast’s episode 2 is an introduction to Numenera, its unusual language, and the appeal of the setting.
- Numenera Character Options 2 is now available in retail stores and from our webstore! (If you preordered it or it is one of your Kickstarter rewards, it’s already on its way.) Mephit James did a long review of the book (thank you!), and we’ll be linking other reviews in October.
- Are you thinking about going to Midwest GameFest? You should! And if you’d be up for running a Cypher System game while you’re there, let us know. We have a very interesting opportunity for you!
Crowdfunding Campaigns and Other Things We Love
- The Bag of Superior Sorting (BoSS) is a dice/game token bag with 13 separate pockets for organizing dice, game tokens, minis, a deck of cards, or other small things you carry to the game.
- Embers of the Forgotten Kingdom is is a systemless art and lore book of dark fantasy characters and creatures to invade your games. (Unlocked stretch goals include PDFs with stats for D&D 5th Edition, Pathfinder, Shadows of the Demon Lord, and OSR.)
- The First Desktop Waterjet Cutter is like a laser cutter, but uses water and fine particles to cut things, even ceramic, glass, metal, carbon fiber, or stone.
- Shanna’s friend Trin is making Friendship Postcards, which are great for reconnecting with friends you haven’t talked to in a while because of life’s distractions, anxiety, or because phone calls are terrible!
- Rothaen is a dark pulp setting compatible with Dungeon World.
- The Synthicide RPG is a dark, hostile tabletop RPG setting where human life is worthless but killing a robot is a crime.
- Voyager Golden Record: 40th Anniversary Edition is a set of gold vinyl LP records containing the music, greetings, and sounds that were sent into space with Voyager I and II.
Got something you’d like to see published in Cypher Chronicles next week? A cool blog post you’ve written about our games, scientific news that inspires your The Strange campaign, an Atlas Obscura photo that makes you dream of the Ninth World, a Kickstarter campaign that kindles your imagination, a charity event near and dear to your heart…share whatever you think would inspire Team MCG and would also be a good fit for Cypher Chronicles. Send your recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org (submitting a recommendation does not guarantee publication).
Do you like us? Do you really like us? You can play an important role in helping us thrive and create more great games: Leave a review at DriveThruRPG, Amazon, or with your local game store owner. Share these chronicles with other gamers you know. Invite those you love to sit around a table with you and delve deep into their imagination to create shared memories that will last a lifetime.
P.S. You rock.
Hey, look! Now you can subscribe to get these blog posts right in your inbox. Right down there, at the bottom of this post! Just enter your email and you’ll never miss a post (we won’t use your email for anything else, we promise). We’ve also added an easy way to share these posts on social media. You should see the buttons right at the bottom of this page!
Keep up with MCG! Follow Monte Cook Games, the Weird of Numenera, and The Strange RPG on Twitter; like Monte Cook Games, The Strange, or Numenera on Facebook, and subscribe to our MCG channel on YouTube. We also have a Pinterest account, which isn’t news, per se, but it has lots of pretty pictures.