Iadace and welcome to Cypher Chronicles!
Get Cypher Chronicles, and other MCG news, delivered right to your inbox! Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button in the right-hand column, and you’ll never miss a post. You can also suggest topics for Cypher Chronicles by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to the support of backers, Numenera 2 is going strong on Kickstarter…huzzah! It isn’t time to rest, though, because there’s so much more to come. But to make it happen, we need your help spreading the word far and wide about Numenera Discovery and Numenera Destiny.
To find out more about #Numenera2, head over to the Kickstarter and watch Glimmers from the Datasphere: Design Team Q&A.
Escape from the Jade Colossus
A dangerous contagion in Ballarad has led the PCs into the Jade Colossus, where the healer Gerob knows of key ingredients to a cure. But when a collapse blocks their escape route, can the players find their way out of the massive structure? And when Gerob becomes more a liability than an ally, is there any hope of bringing the cure to the stricken city?
Escape from the Jade Colossus, the official Numenera adventure for Gen Con 2017, begins in media res and doesn’t slow down! The adventure includes pregenerated characters, making it perfect for one-shot use, or as an introduction to the massive structure detailed in Jade Colossus: Ruins of the Prior Worlds.
Reviews and Other News
The Castle’s Ramparts selected No Thank You, Evil! as their RPG of the Week…huzzah!
And don’t miss Cypher Speak Episode 19: Numenera me baby, one more time!
Another season of Cypher Play: Numenera ends with a bang! We started a Ninth World death metal band: Alien Napalm @MonteCookGames #numenera pic.twitter.com/lp4a5ziau3
— Dani Neary (@ImperialScum) September 29, 2017
- Force Field Cloak, a glow-in-the-dark blanket created by Terry Sachetti and Aaron Bible, looks like a wonderful blanket to take to Storia!
- We’re excited to see Danielle Corsetto’s legendary webcomic Girls with Slingshots coming to print through funding on Kickstarter. Shanna, who is especially excited, said, “The web comic, Girls with Slingshots, was fundamental to my young, geeky self.” <3
- Pocket Dungeon Pack, by Rachel Hahn, includes a system-agnostic dungeon zine, a tiny cloth map, a sew-on patch, and a zippered pencil case. Carry your adventure, map, pencils, dice, folded character sheets, and more to your next gaming session in style.
- Mixed Up: Cocktail Recipes (and Flash Fiction) for the Discerning Drinker (and Reader), by Nick Mamatas, features flash fiction from a number of great writers as well as recipes, tips, and origin stories for classic drinks.
- How to Teach Games: A General Primer, by Ryan Sturm, is a great step-by-step guide–from a teacher no less!–on how to succinctly communicate game rules. Ryan writes, “Your job as the teacher is to get the players to be excited about playing the game, understand the object of the game, understand how to play a turn, know a few possible strategies, and know the most important rules ALL in fifteen minutes or less before their eyes start to glaze over.”
- The Bad Hair, Incorrect Feathering, and Missing Skin Flaps of Dinosaur Art, by Eric Grundhauser, takes a look inside the world of illustrating prehistoric creatures.
- Torment: Tides of Numenera is in the running for a Golden Joystick award for Best Storytelling, and we’d love it if you cast your vote for it.
Love and Sex in the Ninth World is a guide to integrating elements of love and sex into any Numenera story or adventure. In addition to details on Ninth World relationships, courtship rituals, commitment ceremonies, and sexual practices, it provides game master advice on how, when, and why to add love and sex to your game; tips for sex- and love-driven storylines; and ways in which to handle sensitive topics at the table.
Note: This supplement contains adult content. Recommended for mature readers only.