Iadace, and welcome to Cypher Chronicles!
Exciting News, Reviews, and Interviews
- We’ve added Gods of the Fall to the Cypher System Creator program, so now you can publish your own GOTF creations!
- Renegade Octopus posted parts one and two of their Numenera Character Options 2 review.
- The Mad Adventures society also posted a review of Numenera Character Options 2.
Crowdfunding Campaigns and Other Things We Love
- Salt In Wounds is a D&D/Pathfinder setting about a city built on and around the regenerating body of a defeated tarrasque.
- 8-Bit Donuts is a cafe with gourmet donuts, coffee, and 80s arcade games.
- ILLIMAT is an old-timey Keith Baker game based on a board that appeared in music videos by The Decemberists.
- Xenofera is a card game about galactic nobles hiring skilled hunters to retrieve the most interesting alien creatures.
DuoSkin: MIT creates temporary tattoos that turn your arm into a touchpad
Did you know we post a plot hook, encounter, event, or other strange idea every week to our @WeirdOfNumenera feed on Twitter? This week we started something similar for @TheStrangeRPG, with references to The Estate Foundation website (which is more than it seems).
Got something you’d like to see published in Cypher Chronicles next week? A cool blog post you’ve written about our games, scientific news that inspires your The Strange campaign, an Atlas Obscura photo that makes you dream of the Ninth World, a Kickstarter campaign that kindles your imagination, a charity event near and dear to your heart…share whatever you think would inspire Team MCG and would also be a good fit for Cypher Chronicles. Send your recommendations to [email protected] (submitting a recommendation does not guarantee publication).
Do you like us? Do you really like us? You can play an important role in helping us thrive and create more great games: Leave a review at DriveThruRPG, Amazon, or with your local game store owner. Share these chronicles with other gamers you know. Invite those you love to sit around a table with you and delve deep into their imagination to create shared memories that will last a lifetime.
P.S. You rock.
Hey, look! Now you can subscribe to get these blog posts right in your inbox. Right down there, at the bottom of this post! Just enter your email and you’ll never miss a post (we won’t use your email for anything else, we promise). We’ve also added an easy way to share these posts on social media. You should see the buttons right at the bottom of this page!
Keep up with MCG! Follow Monte Cook Games, the Weird of Numenera, and The Strange RPG on Twitter; like Monte Cook Games, The Strange, or Numenera on Facebook, and subscribe to our MCG channel on YouTube. We also have a Pinterest account, which isn’t news, per se, but it has lots of pretty pictures.