Iadace, and welcome to Cypher Chronicles!
Exciting News, Reviews, and Interviews
- As a fledgling deity, you must undertake divine labors to fulfill your destiny. You are directed by an ancient text to slay a raver—a creature of profound malignancy. But there are other agendas at play, and what seems like a stepping stone to divinity may be your downfall. After the Nightfall is an adventure for the Gods of the Fall setting for the Cypher System. After the Nightfall, which was called a Gods of the Fall Adventure PDF during the Kickstarter campaign, was delivered to Kickstarter backers on October 12th.
- Save the date—October 26—for our adventure expansion to No Thank You, Evil!
- Numenera Character Options 2 makes the list of Sean’s Picks of the Week on EN World: “Introducing two new types (essentially character classes) to the Numenera game, this is a pretty huge release for those who love Monte Cook’s intriguing take on the very, very far future.”
Crowdfunding Campaigns and Other Things We Love
- Women vs Cosplay: 2017 Page-A-Day Calendar, by Anabel Martinez: “We’re celebrating the diverse and talented female costumers of the cosplay community with a beautiful 365 page-a-day-style calendar!”
- Mechanical Dreams VR, by Mechanical Dreams VR: “Help Mechanical Dreams come true. The Seattle-based virtual reality content company is producing six innovative 360 films.”
- Outsider Comics and Geek Boutique, by Jill Taplin: “Inclusive comic shop boutique with quality geek fashion, accessories, jewelry, clothing, events and community space for all!”
- Help support creating material for Delta Green by supporting the Delta Green Patreon, a project near and dear to the heart of Dennis Detwiller, MCG’s Managing Editor.
- Holy cats, guys, look! This is a working Rememberall!
- Have you heard of Japan’s giant straw beasts? Hmmm…a landscape of giant straw beasts might make a great setting for a No Thank You, Evil! adventure.
- Milestones are being reached to bring the quantum internet to life. Perhaps we should send the good folks at University of Calgary a copy of The Strange.
Got something you’d like to see published in Cypher Chronicles next week? A cool blog post you’ve written about our games, scientific news that inspires your The Strange campaign, an Atlas Obscura photo that makes you dream of the Ninth World, a Kickstarter campaign that kindles your imagination, a charity event near and dear to your heart…share whatever you think would inspire Team MCG and would also be a good fit for Cypher Chronicles. Send your recommendations to [email protected] (submitting a recommendation does not guarantee publication).
Do you like us? Do you really like us? You can play an important role in helping us thrive and create more great games: Leave a review at DriveThruRPG, Amazon, or with your local game store owner. Share these chronicles with other gamers you know. Invite those you love to sit around a table with you and delve deep into their imagination to create shared memories that will last a lifetime.
P.S. You rock.
Hey, look! Now you can subscribe to get these blog posts right in your inbox. Right down there, at the bottom of this post! Just enter your email and you’ll never miss a post (we won’t use your email for anything else, we promise). We’ve also added an easy way to share these posts on social media. You should see the buttons right at the bottom of this page!
Keep up with MCG! Follow Monte Cook Games, the Weird of Numenera, and The Strange RPG on Twitter; like Monte Cook Games, The Strange, or Numenera on Facebook, and subscribe to our MCG channel on YouTube. We also have a Pinterest account, which isn’t news, per se, but it has lots of pretty pictures.