Iadace and welcome to Cypher Chronicles!
- Let’s see, do we have any big news to share this week? Oh yeah! The Strange Boxed Set Kickstarter is coming soon…huzzah!
- Do you need to complete your collection of The Strange? You are in luck. We’re having a celebratory (read: BIG) sale on The Strange print products on the MCG Shop starting February 6th.
- Don’t miss the #EstateMission tweet contest! Winners will be announced on or around March 8th.
- This review makes our hearts quivery and melty: The Poison Eater Is Science Fantasy That Never Loses Heart, by Corrina Lawson. Don’t miss your chance to own The Poison Eater in limited hardcover edition.
- The glimmer Numenera: Strand brings the wonders of the short film to your gaming table. Become a drifter exploring the Nacreous Strand.
- It’s time for new gamemasters to shine! The final session of the New Gamemaster Month program is up, and in it, Charles talks about bringing your players’ characters to life.
- Redemption emails for Into the Outside (PDF, print, poster map, and autographed bookplate) from the Numenera: Into the Ninth World Kickstarter campaign were sent to backers on February 2nd. The cypher we used for the transmission malfunctioned and caused two issues:
- One of the messages was misrouted. We think this is all cleared up now. If you backed this campaign at the EBOOK LOVER level, you can use this link to redeem your reward.
- The PDF poster map was missing. It is now attached to the product file. If you’ve already redeemed your PDF reward of Into the Outside, please return to the MCG Shop and download the file again, and your PDF poster map will appear.
- Do you have friends who are curious about Numenera, but haven’t taken the plunge? Get them involved in Cypher Play: Numenera Season 2. If there isn’t a FLGS running Cypher Play: Numenera Season 2 near you, make sure your FLGS knows about Cypher Play.
- We adore this trailer for Colossal, and think it is excellent inspiration for a Cypher System adventure.
- Don’t miss part 2 of Renegade Octopus’s comprehensive roundup of Into the Outside.
- The Nevertold Casket Company purports to be purveyors of haunted goods, or as they say, “…strange objects and oddities and things that make one feel delightfully uncomfortable.” Hmmm, I wonder if they keep artifacts in their storeroom?
- A new form of matter has been discovered—time crystals. Need more be said?
- You don’t want to miss the Numenera Audio Collection from Plate Mail Games campaign now funding on Kickstarter to create more Numenera background gaming music goodness.
- BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION – Isometric Post-apocalyptic Adventure, by Christopher Bischoff: “From the makers of STASIS comes a post-apocalyptic adventure game set in a world you have never seen before.”
- Midgard Campaign Setting: Dark Roads & Deep Magic, by Kobold Press “Five years have passed; high time to update the Midgard Campaign Setting, and add Deep Magic, adventures, and player options galore!”
- Alas for the Awful Sea: Myth, Mystery & Crime in 1800s UK, by Storybrewers Roleplaying: “A tabletop roleplaying game about politics, folklore, and the human heart. Set in a rural 19th-century town desperate to survive.”
Got something you’d like to see published in Cypher Chronicles next week? A cool blog post you’ve written about our games, scientific news that inspires your The Strange campaign, an Atlas Obscura photo that makes you dream of the Ninth World, a Kickstarter campaign that kindles your imagination, a charity event near and dear to your heart…share whatever you think would inspire Team MCG and would also be a good fit for Cypher Chronicles. Send your recommendations to [email protected] (submitting a recommendation does not guarantee publication).
Do you like us? Do you really like us? You can play an important role in helping us thrive and create more great games: Leave a review at DriveThruRPG, Amazon, or with your local game store owner. Share these chronicles with other gamers you know. Invite those you love to sit around a table with you and delve deep into their imagination to create shared memories that will last a lifetime.
P.S. You Rock
Hey, look! Now you can subscribe to get these blog posts right in your inbox. Right down there, at the bottom of this post! Just enter your email, and you’ll never miss a post (we won’t use your email for anything else, we promise). We’ve also added an easy way to share these posts on social media. You should see the buttons right at the bottom of this page!
Keep up with MCG! Follow Monte Cook Games, the Weird of Numenera, and The Strange RPG on Twitter, like Monte Cook Games on Facebook, and subscribe to our MCG channel on YouTube. We also have a Pinterest account, which isn’t news, per se, but it has lots of pretty pictures.