Iadace, and welcome to Cypher Chronicles!
Exciting News, Reviews, and Interviews
- Happy Halloween weekend from Team MCG, and the characters and creatures of No Thank You, Evil!
- No Thank You, Evil! The Adventures Continue is live on Kickstarter and we’d love your help to fund two expansions for our game. What are the expansions?
- Story, Please! is a 100-card deck stuffed full of evocative art and creative ideas, letting you quickly build hundreds of unique adventures for No Thank You, Evil!
- Uh-Oh, Monsters! is an adventure expansion that includes everything you need to run new adventures for No Thank You, Evil!
- There are No Thank You, Evil! The Adventures Continue Kickstarter backer levels for all interests, from just the new expansions, to a level just for retailers, to a give-me-everything level that includes The Box of Awesome, a deluxe edition of the game.
- We just received prototypes of Story, Please! to send to reviewers. Take a gander at these colorful cards with creative story hooks:
- We are very excited to tell you that The Poison Eater is in the final stages of production. Shanna shares her thoughts about writing this novel–the first of a line of Numenera novels–including a very personal glimpse into her life while she was writing it.
- What does Space Raptor think about Numenera Character Options 2? “I highly recommend you pick up a copy of this great game supplement today.”
Crowdfunding Campaigns and Other Things We Love
- Clades, the Evolutionary Card Game, by Grandmother Fish LLC: “Clades is an animal-matching game based on evolutionary relationships, for kids and adults, brought to you by the Grandmother Fish team.”
- Bluebeard’s Bride, by Marissa Kelly: “Bluebeard’s Bride is a horror tabletop RPG in which you play aspects of the Bride’s psyche investigating your husband’s haunted manor.”
- Cycle of the Werewolf–Bernie Wrightson Art Portfolio, by Tim Doyle: “A limited edition fine-art portfolio of Bernie Wrightson’s illustrations from Cycle of the Werewolf written by Stephen King!”
- Mujuworld Cosmic Night Owl – Light Sculpture, by Katie / Miss Muju: “The Cosmic Night Owl – A handmade colour-changing illuminated sculpture by Muju Studio.”
- In honor of Halloween weekend, get creeped-out by this message in a time capsule.
- Is the The Voynich Manuscript a cypher?
- And, in case you’ve not chosen your Halloween costume, here are 67 creative costume ideas.
Got something you’d like to see published in Cypher Chronicles next week? A cool blog post you’ve written about our games, scientific news that inspires your The Strange campaign, an Atlas Obscura photo that makes you dream of the Ninth World, a Kickstarter campaign that kindles your imagination, a charity event near and dear to your heart…share whatever you think would inspire Team MCG and would also be a good fit for Cypher Chronicles. Send your recommendations to email@example.com (submitting a recommendation does not guarantee publication).
Do you like us? Do you really like us? You can play an important role in helping us thrive and create more great games: Leave a review at DriveThruRPG, Amazon, or with your local game store owner. Share these chronicles with other gamers you know. Invite those you love to sit around a table with you and delve deep into their imagination to create shared memories that will last a lifetime.
P.S. You rock.
Hey, look! Now you can subscribe to get these blog posts right in your inbox. Right down there, at the bottom of this post! Just enter your email and you’ll never miss a post (we won’t use your email for anything else, we promise). We’ve also added an easy way to share these posts on social media. You should see the buttons right at the bottom of this page!
Keep up with MCG! Follow Monte Cook Games, the Weird of Numenera, and The Strange RPG on Twitter; like Monte Cook Games, The Strange, or Numenera on Facebook, and subscribe to our MCG channel on YouTube. We also have a Pinterest account, which isn’t news, per se, but it has lots of pretty pictures.