Iadace and welcome to Cypher Chronicles!
Get Cypher Chronicles, and other MCG news, delivered right to your inbox! Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button in the right-hand column, and you’ll never miss a post. You can also suggest topics for Cypher Chronicles by emailing us at [email protected].
Numenera 2: Discovery and Destiny
Today is the day! If you are going to join the campaign or encourage your friends to join, today is your last chance, because tonight at 7 PM CT, the Numenera 2: Discovery and Destiny Kickstarter campaign ends. Numenera Discovery and Numenera Destiny have funded–along with many other books, decks, and rewards–which means we get to make the very best version of Numenera ever! These books will replace the corebooks and greatly expand your options for gameplay, so whether you’re a player, GM, fiction-lover, or collector, we implore you to discover your destiny, be a part of Numenera history, and take advantage of the great deals offered by this campaign quickly before it becomes a glorious memory in the datasphere.
New to Numenera 2: Discovery and Destiny?
Here’s a quick-reference guide to the campaign so far, which you can share with your friends!
- Info on the new types: Arkus, Delve, and Wright
- Info on salvaging and crafting, and on followers
- Info on the books: Numenera Discovery, Numenera Destiny, corebook slipcase set, Discover Your Destiny, The Trilling Shard
Stretch goals have unlocked these new products, all of which are part of any backer level that gets all the titles.
- Building Tomorrow
- Numenera Player’s Guide
- Priests of the Aeons
- Slaves of the Machine God
- Ruin Deck
- Ninth World Bestiary 3
- Tomorrow’s Bones
- Io Deck
Don’t miss these very cool add-ons, most of which are exclusive to this campaign. To get an add-on, simply increase your pledge amount by the cost of the item, without changing your backer level. We’ll ask you after the campaign what the extra was for. You can use our handy pledge calculator to figure out your total pledge.
- Deluxe corebook set
- Discovery and Destiny T-shirt
- Numenera Player’s Kit (including the PERSONALIZED portable dice tray)
- Shin Set
- Numenera bookends
- Fiction Seminar with Shanna Germain
And so it begins… https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/montecookgames/numenera-2-discovery-and-destiny/description
— Judge James (@ILive4Crits) October 21, 2017
My friend #Bruce Brenneise has been doing some cool stuff lately! Check the other #Numenera artwork he's been posting too.
- Goblins Animated is the cartoon version of the Goblins Comic, a journey into a fantasy world from the point of view of the monsters. Laugh, cry, and despair at the escapades of Complains of Names, Thaco, Minmax, Big Ears, Forgath and many more, who do the best they can in circumstances always a little out of their control.
- Carnival of Monsters, by Richard Garfield, challenges you to explore exotic, fantastic lands and collect extraordinary monsters to display in your carnival, earning the adoration of the crowd and the fame that only a true carnival master can enjoy.
- The Book of the Hakutaku is a creative and engaging bestiary of yokai—the spirits, monsters, and ghosts from traditional Japanese folklore, illustrated by Matthew Meyer.
Creatonotos gangis, a moth species that can be found in South East Asia and Australia, is a beaut of a wee beastie, don’t you think? Toss in a bit of weirdness (perhaps it whispers the names of travelers twisted by the iron wind), and you have perfect inspiration for Ninth World fauna.
Technology Compendium: Sir Arthour’s Guide to the Numenera serves up hundreds of new cyphers, artifacts, and oddities for your Ninth World campaign!