Iadace and welcome to Cypher Chronicles!
Get Cypher Chronicles, and other MCG news, delivered right to your inbox! Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button in the right-hand column, and you’ll never miss a post. You can also suggest topics for Cypher Chronicles by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unmasked is Coming!
Predation took you to the future-past full of cool tech and dinosaurs, Gods of the Fall took you to a post-apocalyptic high fantasy world, and now Unmasked will take you to the 7-Eleven or the high school dance in a dark eighties, full of superpowers and psychological horror. We can’t wait for this Cypher System World to make its way to your game tables!
The Night Clave Joins MCG’s Growing Fiction Treasure Trove
Mark another tally in the “Things Making Us Happy This Week” column: The Night Clave is nearly ready to be released! The Night Clave is the second full-length novel set in the Ninth World. It’s co-written by Monte Cook & Shanna Germain, and features a group of brave individuals who are determined to furtively resist the oppression of an Aeon Priest. Preorder the book to receive the lovely, illustrated hardcover!
It struck us how much fiction is now out there, between Numenera, The Strange, and Cypher System Worlds: look at all that’s been released! Yet, there is so many more stories we’d like to tell; so many more characters we’d love to meet. Shanna’s started her NaNoWriMo for Tomorrow’s Bones, the third official Numenera novel, which was funded thanks to the Numenera 2: Discovery and Destiny Kickstarter! Many exciting stories on the horizon.
Time to rustle up one of those time-manipulating numenera, Dave! We hear the Vally of Sins has a few.
- From Darcy: Candles for every kind of book-lover.
- From Shanna: Dragon Bagons! These handmade dragons are as charming as can be, and hold your dice for you!
- From Tammie: Giant. Robot. Battles.
- From Sean: Thunderbird Strike is an indie computer game by Indigenous developer Elizabeth LaPensée that lets you destroy oil pipelines and other machinery.
- From Bear: The Convergents is a competitive, 2-player card game, where players construct decks to prove they lead the ultimate super-powered team in Slab City! The players choose Heroes, Villains, or anything in between, along with locations where they can square off to display their prowess or save the day. Coupled with a lot of great art and a colorful design, this game looks like a lot of fun to play.
- And the excellent Morrus has a quickly-funded Kickstarter going for Xenomorphs, a gritty sci-fi game of horror and survival using the What’s OLD is NEW system! We’re not sure about you, but we’re not quite ready to relinquish Halloween spooky fun, yet.
- Concept art gallery for The Fifth Element!
- Sometimes, truth is stranger than fiction–this NPR video introduces you to several creatures of the past (and their modern relatives) that delightfully push the boundaries of our belief.
Twelve Ancient Monsters And One Modern Marvel
Rats may plague our cities now, but friends, it could be worse:A giant rodent (5 feet tall) once scurried o’er the Earth.
Posted by NPR on Sunday, October 29, 2017
Uh-Oh, Monsters! expands your No Thank You, Evil! game with four complete, all-new adventures, nearly fifty new creatures to encounter in Storia, new companions and character options, and lots of great advice for Guides of any age or experience! You also get loads of player handouts, and even nifty creature standups!