Iadace, and welcome to Cypher Chronicles!
Exciting News, Reviews, and Interviews
- The No Thank You, Evil! The Adventures Continue BackerKit is now open! If you’re a backer of the Kickstarter, use that link to add or adjust your pledge. If you missed the Kickstarter, you can use this link to pre-order it, much like being a Kickstarter backer!
- Did you know that our Cypher System Creator program lets you write, publish, and sell your own Cypher System products? And we just added an art resources pack for Gods of the Fall, including several maps!
- Next week is Thanksgiving in the USA—here are some oddities that would make this holiday easier and more enjoyable!
- Cypher System playmats are now available! You can also get a Numenera playmat from our store. Did you miss the playmats we made for The Strange? Keep an eye on our store next month…
- The multitalented Teófilo Navarro wrote a guest article about why letting players roll dice for social skills can be a good idea.
Crowdfunding Campaigns and Other Things We Love
- The Forest Dragon is a card game designed by a 9-year-old named Rory.
- Story Craze is a creative writing and storytelling game to spark a kid’s imagination.
- Visions of a Thousand Eyes is a deluxe fantasy artbook, limited to 5000 copies and exclusive to Kickstarter.
- DriveThruRPG is currently offering a special collection called Teach Your Kids to Game Week. (Now extended through this weekend). The titles on sale are great for kids and kids-at-heart. (Pssst…if you like fighting evil, you might want to check out their doorcrasher deals!)
- Would you like to build your own miniature robot army?
- This HEXA programmable walking robot by Vincross can do some pretty amazing things.
Got something you’d like to see published in Cypher Chronicles next week? A cool blog post you’ve written about our games, scientific news that inspires your The Strange campaign, an Atlas Obscura photo that makes you dream of the Ninth World, a Kickstarter campaign that kindles your imagination, a charity event near and dear to your heart…share whatever you think would inspire Team MCG and would also be a good fit for Cypher Chronicles. Send your recommendations to [email protected] (submitting a recommendation does not guarantee publication).
Do you like us? Do you really like us? You can play an important role in helping us thrive and create more great games: Leave a review at DriveThruRPG, Amazon, or with your local game store owner. Share these chronicles with other gamers you know. Invite those you love to sit around a table with you and delve deep into their imagination to create shared memories that will last a lifetime.
P.S. You rock.
Hey, look! Now you can subscribe to get these blog posts right in your inbox. Right down there, at the bottom of this post! Just enter your email and you’ll never miss a post (we won’t use your email for anything else, we promise). We’ve also added an easy way to share these posts on social media. You should see the buttons right at the bottom of this page!
Keep up with MCG! Follow Monte Cook Games, the Weird of Numenera, and The Strange RPG on Twitter, like Monte Cook Games on Facebook, and subscribe to our MCG channel on YouTube. We also have a Pinterest account, which isn’t news, per se, but it has lots of pretty pictures.