Iadace and welcome to this week’s Cypher Chronicles!
Exciting News and Interviews
- Team MCG is in the midst of our 2015 autumn summit. What are we talking about?
- Star fighters. Flying carpets. The Argo. Impossible Vehicles brings you a sampling of vehicles presented as artifacts, both minor and major. Of course, any time characters ride in vehicles, there’s a chance for a chase or a fight, so we’ve also included rules for vehicle combat.
- Check out Bruce presenting The Strange at Lucca Comics and Games.
- Tomorrow is the 8th annual International Games Day @ Your Library. Find out how to get involved here.
- As predicted, due to our recent Flash Sale and ongoing Kickstarter reward fulfillment, we are a little behind on packing orders and shipping. Thank you for your patience while we catch up. (The shipping service that we use will send you an email message when your parcel ships and will provide you with a tracking number for the package, so you will know when your parcel of goodies is making its way to you!)
- Looking forward to your Kickstarter reward copy or preorder copy of The Strange Cypher Chest? It ships next week…huzzah! Watch your email boxes for parcel shipping notification.
Crowdfunding Campaigns We Love
- Matthew Stawicki Fantasy Calendar 2016 by Cathy Wilkins
- Wurm: A Prehistoric RPG by editions_icare
- The Seven Deadlies Game by Mikey @ Burnt Cake Designs, LLC
- Listen to this bird mimic cameras, car alarms, chainsaws and other sounds it hears. Sounds an awful lot like the biomechanical mogigraphis bird used by scriveners, doesn’t it? (Ninth World Bestiary, page 12)
- Gearing up to play Numenera or The Strange with your family and friends next week during the Thanksgiving holiday? Don’t forget we made How to Play videos to inspire you!
Got something you’d like to see published in Cypher Chronicles next week? A cool blog post you’ve written about our games, scientific news that inspires your The Strange campaign, an Atlas Obscura photo that makes you dream of the Ninth World, a Kickstarter campaign that kindles your imagination, a charity event near and dear to your heart…share whatever you think would inspire Team MCG and would also be a good fit for Cypher Chronicles! Send your recommendations to [email protected] (submitting a recommendation does not guarantee publication).
Do you like us? Do you really like us? You can play an important role in helping us thrive and create more great games: Leave a review at DriveThru, Amazon, or with your local game store owner! Share these chronicles with other gamers you know. Invite those you love to sit around a table with you and delve deep into their imagination to create shared memories that will last a lifetime.
P.S. You rock.
Hey, look! Now you can subscribe to get these blog posts right in your inbox. Right down there, at the bottom of this post! Just enter your email and you’ll never miss a post (we won’t use your email for anything else, we promise). We’ve also added an easy way to share these posts on social media. You should see the buttons right at the bottom of this page!
Keep up with MCG! Follow Monte Cook Games, the Weird of Numenera, and The Strange RPG on Twitter; like Monte Cook Games, The Strange, or Numenera on Facebook, and subscribe to our MCG channel on YouTube. We also have a Pinterest account, which isn’t news, per se, but it has lots of pretty pictures.
Also, don’t forget: If you need us for anything or have questions, we’re right here.