Iadace and welcome to Cypher Chronicles!
Exciting News and Interviews
- No Thank You, Evil!, the tabletop game of make-believe, adventure, and storytelling for creative kids and their families, is coming to stores soon. But first, we will deliver it to our amazing backers who made the game possible, and then to those who pre-order it through the MCG Shop, so pre-order your copy today.
- Reaper Miniatures produces some of the most awesome gaming miniatures available—including a line of really cool Numenera minis, which are available now to purchase from the MCG Shop.
- Wouldn’t it be cool if you could add any cypher you wanted to your Cypher Deck? Now you can: The Numenera Cypher Card Creator is live.
- “We came together on this one, editors and readers, and it’s not exactly a leap to predict that this will be an absolutely smashing RPG.” RPGWatch names Torment: Tides of Numenera as Editors’ Choice & Gamers’ Choice for Most Promising RPG.
- “Characters will do what you reward them for…so when you have a rewards system, whether that’s through experience points or loot or growth of the character, think about that goal and help them get to that by rewarding them.” Find out more of Shanna’s world-building secrets, and listen in as she was interviewed along with Michelle Lyons-McFarland and Monica Valentinelli by Howard Tayler on Writing Excuses about writing and world-building for RPGs.
- Are you a backer of The Strange Kickstarter eagerly awaiting your email with coupon code(s) to redeem Encyclopedia of Impossible Things? Trust us, your wait won’t be much longer—keep an eye on you inbox!
- Don’t forget, you can check out the MCG Appearances page to keep up with Team MCG this year.
- The Strange is coming out in Portuguese! Our partners at New Order Editora in Brazil have passed their crowdfunding goal and are now hitting stretch goals for the Portuguese edition. New Order publish the Portuguese edition of Numenera, so we know they’ll do a great job with The Strange too!
Crowdfunding Campaigns and Other Things We Love
- Baby Bestiary Volume 2 & Vol. 1 Reprint by Andreas Walters: “Discover the Adorable in the second volume (and first reprint) of the most adorable monster lorebook ever!”
- Gamut Magazine: Neo-noir, speculative, literary fiction. by Richard Thomas: “Gamut will be a website with a wide range of voices—genre-bending, hybrid stories that utilize the best of genre and literary fiction.”
- Knights and Bikes by Foam Sword: “A co-op adventure about childhood inspired by The Goonies & Earthbound, from developers on Tearaway, LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet & Clank.”
- Rocketbook Wave: Cloud Connected Microwavable Notebook by Rocketbook: “Combine the freedom of pen and paper with the utility of the cloud. Microwave. Repeat.”
- Vurt: The Tabletop Role-Playing Game will be running twice at OrcCon 2016 on the weekend of February 12th. Pre-registration is open now.
- Our latest Your Game [[LINK]] article is called Building an Adventure around an Item. In addition to cool advice, the article announces the winner of the Ten Days of Strange Cyphers (and Artifacts) contest, so don’t miss it.
- Thank you to all the experienced GMs who participated as mentors in NaNewGaMo, and congratulations to all the new GMs. You can read about one rookie GMs experience here.
- Look! An Octopus village! Clearly, it must be near the home of the Queen in Into the Deep.
- Do you read German or trust Google Translate? If so, check out Frank Reiss’s blog about the Ninth World.
- Read what fan Kassil Roshah calls the Pantheon of the Amethyst Hills.
- Space is an illusion. Read Shuragil’s interpretation of teleportation in the Ninth World.
Got something you’d like to see published in Cypher Chronicles next week? A cool blog post you’ve written about our games, scientific news that inspires your The Strange campaign, an Atlas Obscura photo that makes you dream of the Ninth World, a Kickstarter campaign that kindles your imagination, a charity event near and dear to your heart…share whatever you think would inspire Team MCG and would also be a good fit for Cypher Chronicles. Send your recommendations to [email protected] (submitting a recommendation does not guarantee publication).
Do you like us? Do you really like us? You can play an important role in helping us thrive and create more great games: Leave a review at DriveThruRPG, Amazon, or with your local game store owner. Share these chronicles with other gamers you know. Invite those you love to sit around a table with you and delve deep into their imagination to create shared memories that will last a lifetime.
P.S. You rock.
Hey, look! Now you can subscribe to get these blog posts right in your inbox. Right down there, at the bottom of this post! Just enter your email and you’ll never miss a post (we won’t use your email for anything else, we promise). We’ve also added an easy way to share these posts on social media. You should see the buttons right at the bottom of this page!
Keep up with MCG! Follow Monte Cook Games, the Weird of Numenera, and The Strange RPG on Twitter; like Monte Cook Games, The Strange, or Numenera on Facebook, and subscribe to our MCG channel on YouTube. We also have a Pinterest account, which isn’t news, per se, but it has lots of pretty pictures.
Also, don’t forget: If you need us for anything or have questions, we’re right here.