Iadace and welcome to Cypher Chronicles!
- If you’ve picked up Into the Outside, or checked out the free preview, you’re probably overwhelmed with weird and cool ideas for where your Numenera game might go next. But running an adventure in a realm of pure thought, or a reality made only of sound, can be tricky. This week we released the companion glimmer, In Alternate Dimensions, that makes GMing transdimensional adventures a bit easier. Among other things, you get 100 transdimensional GM intrusions—and let’s face it, who can’t use a few more intrusion ideas?
- This starts Monday. Do we really need to say more?
- MCG’s Shanna Germain contributed a guest post to The Skiffy and Fanty Show, a podcast and blog about the sci-fi and fantasy genres. In it, she talks about the role of grief in writing, and the impact of her personal experiences with grief during (and its effects on) the writing of The Poison Eater.
- And speaking of Shanna (who’s been very busy lately!), Lone Shark Games recently offered a sneak peek at some of the flavor text she’s written for their forthcoming Numenera board/card game, The Ninth World. They also gave us a look at a couple of pieces of art for the game. There’s more at the link—check it out!
- Looking for a few pieces of great art, maybe to illustrate your next adventure? How about 35,000 pieces? The New York Metropolitan Museum has digitized and released 35,000 pieces, and they’re available for free!
- What does a dying star smell like? Rotten eggs, it would seem. The Hubble space telescope recently captured the explosive death of a star—and got a whiff of its smell, too!
- Love gaming miniatures—and more specifically, miniature accessories? This Kickstarter is funding some really cool bits of dungeon dressing, and it’s rockin’ the stretch goals!
- Artist Milovoj Ceran has done some great illustration for MCG in the past. Now he’s doing a really cool art book of Norse Mythology!
Got something you’d like to see published in Cypher Chronicles next week? A cool blog post you’ve written about our games, scientific news that inspires your The Strange campaign, an Atlas Obscura photo that makes you dream of the Ninth World, a Kickstarter campaign that kindles your imagination, a charity event near and dear to your heart…share whatever you think would inspire Team MCG and would also be a good fit for Cypher Chronicles. Send your recommendations to email@example.com (submitting a recommendation does not guarantee publication).
Do you like us? Do you really like us? You can play an important role in helping us thrive and create more great games: Leave a review at DriveThruRPG, Amazon, or with your local game store owner. Share these chronicles with other gamers you know. Invite those you love to sit around a table with you and delve deep into their imagination to create shared memories that will last a lifetime.
P.S. You Rock
Hey, look! Now you can subscribe to get these blog posts right in your inbox. Right down there, at the bottom of this post! Just enter your email, and you’ll never miss a post (we won’t use your email for anything else, we promise). We’ve also added an easy way to share these posts on social media. You should see the buttons right at the bottom of this page!
Keep up with MCG! Follow Monte Cook Games, the Weird of Numenera, and The Strange RPG on Twitter, like Monte Cook Games on Facebook, and subscribe to our MCG channel on YouTube. We also have a Pinterest account, which isn’t news, per se, but it has lots of pretty pictures.