Iadace and welcome to Cypher Chronicles!
Exciting News and Interviews
Gosh, if only there were something exciting to share with you this week. Hmmm, let’s see…oh, yeah! How about this: On February 29th, Worlds of the Cypher System launches on Kickstarter!
- Encyclopedia of Impossible Things is on sale now at DriveThruRPG, your FLGS (friendly local game store), and the MCG Shop. Over 400 new cyphers and 250 new artifacts await you.
- No Thank You, Evil! is on US soil and making its way to us for fulfillment. Soon, Kickstarter backers will receive instructions via email on how to redeem their reward copies of the game. Until then, please enjoy this unboxing video with the Walls Family, who participated in early shipping trials to ensure the packaging gets your rewards to you unscathed.
- “These aren’t fumbles, they’re complications, and they can open the door to even more interesting situations in the game.” Read more of Monte’s thoughts on rolling a 1 in the latest Monte Says article, A 1 is Not a Fumble.
Crowdfunding Campaigns and Other Things We Love
- Weird War I – Savage Worlds, by Shane Hensley: In the violence and horror of war, dark things rise…
- PEOPLE OF COLO(U)R DESTROY SCIENCE FICTION!, by Lightspeed Magazine: A special issue of the Hugo-winning magazine LIGHTSPEED, 100% written—and edited—by POC creators.
- Unicorn Poop & Zombie Entrails Stuffed Scarfs, by Luke Peterschmidt: Wonderful plushies that turn into cozy scarfs in magical ways.
- Looking for specific strategies to engage your players with your game setting? Bruce lays it out for you in Your Game: Breathing Life into Your Encounter.
- On Sunday, February 21st at 8 PM, join Ryan Chaddock, Marc Plourde, and James Walls on Cypher Live as they discuss all the “new and shiny mechanics” in the Cypher System Rulebook. And who knows…there may be one or two surprise guests from MCG joining them during the broadcast.
- Why try the Cypher System? “If you have a favorite setting that you’d like to introduce new people to without introducing them to the often complex rule systems attached to those settings, certainly give the Cypher System a try…” For more, read Renegade Octopus’s full article, Why Play: Cypher System.
- 5D nanostructured glass that holds 360 TB? Sounds like a cypher to us!
- Check out these innovative travel posters. To which world will your Into the Outside campaign take you?
Got something you’d like to see published in Cypher Chronicles next week? A cool blog post you’ve written about our games, scientific news that inspires your The Strange campaign, an Atlas Obscura photo that makes you dream of the Ninth World, a Kickstarter campaign that kindles your imagination, a charity event near and dear to your heart…share whatever you think would inspire Team MCG and would also be a good fit for Cypher Chronicles. Send your recommendations to email@example.com (submitting a recommendation does not guarantee publication).
Do you like us? Do you really like us? You can play an important role in helping us thrive and create more great games: Leave a review at DriveThruRPG, Amazon, or with your local game store owner. Share these chronicles with other gamers you know. Invite those you love to sit around a table with you and delve deep into their imagination to create shared memories that will last a lifetime.
P.S. You rock.
Hey, look! Now you can subscribe to get these blog posts right in your inbox. Right down there, at the bottom of this post! Just enter your email and you’ll never miss a post (we won’t use your email for anything else, we promise). We’ve also added an easy way to share these posts on social media. You should see the buttons right at the bottom of this page!
Keep up with MCG! Follow Monte Cook Games, the Weird of Numenera, and The Strange RPG on Twitter; like Monte Cook Games, The Strange, or Numenera on Facebook, and subscribe to our MCG channel on YouTube. We also have a Pinterest account, which isn’t news, per se, but it has lots of pretty pictures.
Also, don’t forget: If you need us for anything or have questions, we’re right here.