Iadace and welcome to Cypher Chronicles!
Exciting News and Interviews
- Six stretch goals! Yes, we’re just into day five of the Worlds of the Cypher System Kickstarter campaign, and the stretch goals are already piling on. We’ve added three poster maps, two PDF supplements, and the coolest one (so far): Myth of the Maker, a novel for The Strange in hardcover and popular ebook formats! Even without the stretch goals, these three incredible settings will change the way you look at their respective genres. Now we’re adding more Kickstarter-exclusive extras and new titles. You don’t want to miss this!
- Speaking of Worlds of the Cypher System, check out the #haiku #CypherSystem hashtags on Twitter. People are posting some pretty cool Cypher System micropoetry!
Cypher System is
Full of possibilities
There are no limits
My camp is burning.
The dinos stomped through it.
Old gods are now gone
Who will rise and replace them?
I’m looking at you
- Cult of the Sleeper. Arete. Order of Redemption. House of Virtue. What are they up to in your world? Cults, Factions, and Syndicates details four organizations easily incorporated into almost any Cypher System campaign, including Numenera and The Strange.
- There’s a new Monte Says article! Find out how to bring your passions into your roleplaying game to make deeper characters and more compelling scenes in Use Your Passion.
- “You can dislike a piece of art, and it can still exist and be enjoyed by others. That doesn’t hurt you.” Read more truth from Dennis is this Special Features article: Nerd Culture—Respecting What Others Enjoy.
- Have you played the Natural and Unnatural adventure from Weird Discoveries: Ten Instant Adventures for Numenera? If so, you’ll want to check out The Ruin, from the website of Sir+Cyphers, who is also a member of the MCG Asset Team.
- Have you heard that scientists just printed usable human bones and muscle?
- Don’t miss “Steven Universe” and the Importance of All-Ages Queer Representation by Mey.
Crowdfunding Campaigns and Other Things We Love
- Native Bagel Co. Food Cart: Bringing Bagels to Berea, KY by Katie Startzman: “Help bring a bagel cart to a Berea, KY! We’ll serve top-notch bagels, spreads, and sandwiches at local farmers markets and festivals.” [Katie is the wife of Michael Startzman, who created some of the awesome art in No Thank You, Evil!.]
- The Secrets of Cats: Feline Magic by Richard Bellingham: “The book of awesome feline magic you’ve all been waiting for!”
- Elysium Adventures by Matt Forcella: “Elysium Adventures creates quest-based wilderness retreats to teach survival skills in a fun and challenging, medieval-fantasy setting.”
- End of the Line – Post-Apocalyptic Family Survival by Seppy Yoon: “Outlast your neighbors when mutants, famine, ammo shortages and other calamities make life difficult for your nuclear family.”
- 7th Sea: Second Edition by John Wick: “John Wick brings 7th Sea back in a 300-page, full-color, hardbound book. Revised rules, revised Nations, updated for the 21st Century.”
- ENDING SOON: Baby Bestiary Volume 2 & Vol. 1 Reprint by Andreas Walters: “Discover the Adorable in the second volume (and first reprint) of the most adorable monster lorebook ever!”
Got something you’d like to see published in Cypher Chronicles next week? A cool blog post you’ve written about our games, scientific news that inspires your The Strange campaign, an Atlas Obscura photo that makes you dream of the Ninth World, a Kickstarter campaign that kindles your imagination, a charity event near and dear to your heart…share whatever you think would inspire Team MCG and would also be a good fit for Cypher Chronicles. Send your recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org (submitting a recommendation does not guarantee publication).
Do you like us? Do you really like us? You can play an important role in helping us thrive and create more great games: Leave a review at DriveThruRPG, Amazon, or with your local game store owner. Share these chronicles with other gamers you know. Invite those you love to sit around a table with and delve deep into their imagination to create shared memories that will last a lifetime.
P.S. You rock.
Hey, look! Now you can subscribe to get these blog posts right in your inbox. Right down there, at the bottom of this post! Just enter your email and you’ll never miss a post (we won’t use your email for anything else, we promise). We’ve also added an easy way to share these posts on social media. You should see the buttons right at the bottom of this page!
Keep up with MCG! Follow Monte Cook Games, the Weird of Numenera, and The Strange RPG on Twitter; like Monte Cook Games, The Strange, or Numenera on Facebook, and subscribe to our MCG channel on YouTube. We also have a Pinterest account, which isn’t news, per se, but it has lots of pretty pictures.
Also, don’t forget: If you need us for anything or have questions, we’re right here.