Iadace and welcome to Cypher Chronicles!
- Story, Please!, the first expansion for No Thank You, Evil!, is now available!
- There’s one week left on A Strange Box Kickstarter! We’ve unlocked nine stretch goals so far and we can hit a few more in the last few days! Join us!
- Our sharefest for A Strange Box hit its goals of 100 Facebook shares and 100 Twitter retweets, so Bruce has recorded a video of himself reading an excerpt from his upcoming novel Myth of the Maker, the very novel that inspired The Strange!
- If you have friends who’ve been enjoying the Torment: Tides of Numenera videogame but haven’t tried the Numenera RPG, this GameInformer article does a great job of talking about the setting and the videogame’s ties to it.
- This past Wednesday was International Women’s Day. We thank all the women who’ve had a positive impact on our lives.
- Doctors in Brazil are using sterilized skin of the tilapia fish to treat burn victims.
- Want to relax to some gentle background noise from your favorite scifi? This YouTube creator has edited ambient sounds from Star Trek, Alien, Blade Runner, Doctor Who, and others, into hours-long videos.
- Soft-tissue creatures rarely form fossils, which is what makes this 165-million-year-old octopus fossil so exceptional.
- Welcome to the largest surviving chained library in the world!
- Barlowe’s Guide to Extraterrestrials is a classic, check out this video review!
- The Watch is a fantasy setting where clans have united against the Shadow—an unknown force that can corrupt the minds of men, so women and non-binary femme people have been recruited to form a military order to fight the threat.
- Femme Magnifique is a collection of comic-book stories celebrating women who crack ceilings, take names, and change the game.
- The SELFLY Camera is a phone case and flying drone all in one.
If you have something you’d like to see published in Cypher Chronicles next week, share it with us! Send your recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org (submitting a recommendation does not guarantee publication).
You can play an important role in helping us thrive and create more great games: Leave a review at DriveThruRPG, Amazon, or with your local game store. Share these chronicles with other gamers you know (the social media buttons are at the bottom of this post).
You can subscribe to get these blog posts right in your inbox. Right down there, at the bottom of this post! Just enter your email, and you’ll never miss a post (we won’t use your email for anything else, we promise).
Keep up with MCG! Follow Monte Cook Games, the Weird of Numenera, and The Strange RPG on Twitter, like Monte Cook Games on Facebook, and subscribe to our MCG channel on YouTube. We also have a Pinterest account, which isn’t news, per se, but it has lots of pretty pictures.