Iadace and welcome to this week’s edition of The Cypher Chronicles. This week, we have news about Weird Discoveries, two upcoming events that you won’t want to miss, the Numenera board game (yes, we said that), and more!
- The printer proof of Weird Discoveries just showed up! We already have our GM lined up, just need a few more players. Who’s in? She even has doggie treats for XP!
- There’s a Numenera board game in the works! Yes, you can dance now. It’s designed by Smash Up’s Paul Peterson and Tabletop’s Boyan Radakovich, and will be developed by Lone Shark Games. It is going to be very, very shiny.
Other Exciting Things
- Monte Cook Games has been at the GAMA Trade Show this week. We’ll have more information about that once everyone is back in the office!
- Tomorrow (Saturday, March 21st) is Spring Loaded, a day of online panels! Shanna will be on the How I Designed It panel, as well as the Intro to GMing panel. If you can’t make the scheduled times, they’re done via Google+ Hangout on Air so you can watch them at our convenience. There’s also a panel on kids and gaming that looks like it will be fantastic.
- Next Friday, March 27th, we will be guests on the Native Trailblazers radio show as part of the larger conversation about cultural appropriation in gaming. It’s going to be a great opportunity for us to learn more about how game companies can work more closely with Native peoples to create better, more representative games. Please come and have a listen.
- Not sure what this is. Can’t stop watching. (Totally SFW, by the way. Promise)
- We know you’ve already seen the Leviathan trailer, but we’re going to twist your arm until watch its awesomeness just one more time.
Behind the Scenes
The Cypher System Rulebook is coming along nicely, and features some awesome new descriptors and foci. Along with some mighty cool female characters in black and red. (Art by Mike Perry and Cyril Terpent)
Do you like us? Do you really like us? You can play an important role in helping is thrive and create more great games: Leave a review at DriveThru, Amazon, or with your local game store owner! Share these chronicles with other gamers you know. Invite those you love to sit around a table with you and delve deep into their imagination to create shared memories that will last a lifetime.
P.S. You rock.
Hey, look! Now you can subscribe to get these blog posts right in your inbox. Right down there, at the bottom of this post! Just enter your email and you’ll never miss a post (we won’t use your email for anything else, we promise). We’ve also added an easy way to share these posts on social media. You should see the buttons right at the bottom of this page!
Keep up with MCG! Follow Monte Cook Games, the Weird of Numenera, and The Strange RPG on Twitter; like Monte Cook Games, The Strange, or Numenera on Facebook, and subscribe to our MCG channel on YouTube. We also have a Pinterest account, which isn’t news, per se, but it has lots of pretty pictures.
Also, don’t forget: If you need us for anything or have questions, we’re right here.