Iadace and welcome to this week’s edition of The Cypher Chronicles! It’s almost Valentine’s day, so we have lots of love for all of you this week! Thanks for everything you give to us. You’re the best. We hope your gaming tables are always full of love and laughter.
- Just a few more days to get in on our recursion contest for The Strange! Don’t miss this chance to get your recursion included in the upcoming worldbook for The Strange.
- Ready for some more character options for The Strange? Pick up the preview of In Translation: The Strange Character Options. The preview even has a new foci that you can use right away: Grows to Towering Heights.
- We love your Strange ways! Check out our awesome game-themed Valentine’s cards. They’re a great way to show your gamer pride while sharing the love.
OTHER EXCITING THINGS
A new licensed product is out for The Strange: Broken Immersion. This supplement offers, “a look at the programmed roots of Ardeyn, exploring the recursion’s hidden codes and back doors built for a massive game that was never played.”
Here’s a great article about GM Intrusions and how to use them in other games.
- The Kickstarter for Numenera: Strand is more than one-third funded! We’re so excited. Please continue to help spreading the word on this amazing project!
- The Torment: Tides of Numenera team is hard at work on the video game. Check out what’s new from them here.
- Here’s one of the early reviews of the Ninth World Guidebook. We’re so happy to hear that people are enjoying it and are already incorporating elements into their games.
- Look at this map of words. It’s so very cool.
BEHIND THE SCENES
One of the products that we’re working on right now is the upcoming Cypher System Rulebook. We’re very excited about it, because it provides an agnostic set of rules that can be used for a wide variety of themes and settings, from superheroes and modern day horror to traditional fantasy. Here are two of the early sketches from our artists, to show just how flexible the system is. The first is the first draft of a fantasy wizard by Eric Lofgren and the second is a set of sketches for a super punch from Marco Caradonna.
Do you like us? Do you really like us? You can play an important role in helping is thrive and create more great games: Leave a review at DriveThru, Amazon, or with your local game store owner! Share these chronicles with other gamers you know. Invite those you love to sit around a table with you and delve deep into their imagination to create shared memories that will last a lifetime.
P.S. You rock.
Hey, look! Now you can subscribe to get these blog posts right in your inbox. Right down there, at the bottom of this post! Just enter your email and you’ll never miss a post (we won’t use your email for anything else, we promise). We’ve also added an easy way to share these posts on social media. You should see the buttons right at the bottom of this page!
Keep up with MCG! Follow Monte Cook Games, the Weird of Numenera, and The Strange RPG on Twitter; like Monte Cook Games, The Strange, or Numenera on Facebook, and subscribe to our MCG channel on YouTube. We also have a Pinterest account, which isn’t news, per se, but it has lots of pretty pictures.
Also, don’t forget: If you need us for anything or have questions, we’re right here.