Iadace, and welcome to this week’s edition of The Cypher Chronicles! We’ve got adventures, cypher decks, bestiaries, Pop Tart ice cream sandwiches, and so much more!
- The Dark Spiral has arrived! Drug busts, Kro Hollow, stolen eggs, The Estate, the Dustman…. This adventure for The Strange is full of danger, intrigue, and nerve-wracking choices. Great for starting a new long-term campaign or to add to your existing game play.
- If you love the Technology Compendium, then you’ll want to check out the Numenera Cypher Deck 2. This deck is chock full of cyphers that you can randomly draw and use at the table (and even take a dry erase marker to!). Matches perfectly with the first Numenera cypher deck deck and fits into the Cypher Chest!
- The Strange Bestiary cover got revealed this week. And we love it so hard. The book includes information on the ecology of the Strange and creating your own Strange creatures, plus more than 140 creatures (including the ones that you can see in the cover image). They’re Numenera compatible too, so you can use them in both games. Available in November, just in time to give your favorite critters some critters for Christmas.
OTHER EXCITING THINGS
- We had dinner with Nick, our backer at The Strange Dinner level, this week. Nick is a super awesome guy, and we had a great time — we went to AFK Elixers and Eateries, where we ate, drank, played games, and basically talked geek for the evening. He beat us at the game Kittens in a Blender by saving the most kittens. Monte collected all the guards and whomped everyone in Guillotine. And Bruce had an ice cream sammich that was made of two scoops of ice cream between two Pop Tarts. Not kidding. I would have taken a picture but it didn’t last long enough. (Also, AFK is cool because you can order a bunch of Ninth World drinks, including the Cross-Eyed Jack (pictured below), No Need for Weapons, and Frost Flower. AND you can order Numenera off their game menu, and play it for the evening).
- Bitch magazine did a great article on erotic roleplaying in RPGs — and they gave some awesome props to Numenera and to Love and Sex in the Ninth World.
- Don’t forget: Shanna (that’s me!) is running a Numenera game online tomorrow! Come and watch — it’s going to be great fun! (I believe you can also watch it after the fact, if you can’t make the time).
BEHIND THE SCENES
At the MGC offices, we are currently working on the Ninth World Guidebook, the last of our Kickstarter books for Numenera. The maps from Christopher West are gorgeous, the art that’s coming in is just as stunning as you might expect, and we’re exploring both new and old parts of the Ninth World.
For example, remember the Gaians? They finally get their due, and they’re not what you might expect.
Beyond the Cloudcrystal Skyfields, far to the north of the Steadfast, lies a coastal realm the inhabitants call Lostrei, which means the Spiritlands. The Spiritlands are home to the Gaian folk, a sophisticated human civilization as distinct from the people of the Steadfast as the Augurs in the Clock of Kala.
Lostrei art by Chrom.
Hey, look! Now you can subscribe to get these blog posts right in your inbox. Right down there, at the bottom of this post! Just enter your email and you’ll never miss a post (we won’t use your email for anything else, we promise).
Also, don’t forget: If you need us for anything or have questions, we’re right here.