The Future Is Yours
Across the Steadfast and the Beyond, forgotten remnants of the prior worlds await those brave enough to claim them. These remnants promise adventure and good fortune: Will you discover petty treasures and strange creatures in the towns of the Ninth World, or venture into the wilderness for rare and precious riches?
The Ninth World: A Skillbuilding Game for Numenera is a card game set a billion years in the future. Explore the Ninth World as a clever Jack, courageous Glaive, or powerful Nano, improving your character as you seek out treasures of the prior worlds. Gameplay is an innovative blend of technology tree advancement, bidding, and deckbuilding.
The Ninth World can be played competitively, cooperatively, and even solo.
- 1 to 5 players
- 30-60 minutes playing time
- Ages 14 to adult
The Ninth World includes:
- 12 heroes, which can be modified by 50 foci cards for hundreds of possible characters
- 45 region cards representing areas of the Steadfast and the Beyond
- 48 town cards and 60 wilderness cards, featuring creatures, quests, and cyphers and artifacts to discover
- 2 special dice
- 120 skill cards
- 1 monolith
- Hero tokens, quest tokens, bid shields, the innovative valor board and map, and the gamebook