Welcome! We’re glad you are interested in joining the MCG Asset Team!
The MCG Asset Team is a network of outgoing, friendly gamer with the common goal of growing the MCG game community, by (among other things) bringing MCG’s games to the world through demonstrations and events at game stores and conventions.
To join the MCG Asset Team, you must be:
- 18 years of age or older (with rare exceptions);
- Friendly, kind, patient, trustworthy, helpful, outgoing, organized, well-groomed, and punctual;
- Able to interact with many different personality types in a calm, friendly manner;
- Thoroughly familiar with all MCG games;
- Able to follow written directions;
- Able to compose/complete an after-action report of all game demonstrations conducted;
- Able to access the web and email (doing so at your local library or similar facility is fine);
- Able to provide for your own expenses (including but not limited to: materials, lodging, meals, transportation, etc.);
- And last–but not least–in love with teaching others how to play games!
Here are some things Asset Team members to do:
- Actively identify Friendly Local Game Stores(FLGS) and conventions at which to demonstrate MCG games
- Arrange demos at the identified FLGS and conventions
- When available, conduct demos requested by FLGS near you
- Conduct all demos in a friendly and professional manner
- Complete an online report within 48 hours after conducting a demonstration
- Represent all MCG brands/games
- Recruit persons to join the MCG Asset Team
- Participate with MCG in social media…share our Facebook posts, re-tweet our tweets from time-to-time, post on social media about your demo game so that we can share your posts!
We want to make sure you’re fully kitted out! Upon acceptance into the membership of the MCG Asset Team, you will receive the following:
- A nifty package of swag so you can run your games in style! *
- The ability to earn shins (points) by demonstrating MCG games; shins can be converted and spent in the MCG online store
- Access to an online folder of goodies containing demo materials, such as adventures and pre-generated characters
* The items in the nifty package of swag vary, but in general include a shoulder bag or backpack, playmat, dice, character sheets, badge holder, and so forth. No one particular product is promised to be included, and items change based upon current brands and stock availability.
Shins are points earned for each demonstration you conduct of MCG games. Each verified demonstration of an MCG game earns you 5 shins. Therefore, if you demonstrate 1 MCG Game, you earn 5 shins. The 5 shins will be converted into a $5 USD credit to be used only in our online store.
Some Legal Details
By submitting the form to join the MCG Asset Team, the potential member agrees to the following:
The MCG Asset Team member understands and agrees that she/he is not a representative of Monte Cook Games, LLC (hereafter referred to as MCG), and has no power or authority to bind MCG in any way, shape, or form. Nothing in the MCG Asset Team program shall be construed as creating a relationship such as employer-employee or principal-agent or comparable relationship between MCG and the MCG Asset Team Member.
MCG reserves the right to modify terms, conditions, policies, and practices of the MCG Asset Team at any time without notice. MCG reserves the right to discontinue membership of any MCG Asset Team member who does not meet the minimum criteria for participation. Any rights or benefits of membership or earned as a member of the MCG Asset Team cannot be assigned or otherwise transferred to any other person or entity.
MCG or the MCG Asset Team member may terminate membership in the MCG Asset Team at any time at will. Upon termination of membership, all privileges and benefits of membership are immediately revoked.