The Truth Bleeds at Twilight chronicles the adventures of a team of investigative reporters for The Crepuscule Notion — a sensationalist tabloid newspaper that manifests across the city of Satyrine every evening at Twilight.
In pursuit of Truth (and Readership), the mysterious Editor of Notions and its staff explore a tangled web of secrets and intrigue among the elites of Post-War Satyrine, while grappling with entanglements from their pasts in the Actuality and Shadow.
Meet the cast:
- Meldrum & Drummel, managing editors, a single body with a soul split in twain. Obsessed with uncovering the the city’s secrets and the truth of their own forgotten past. Opposites in all things, Drummel is a Weaver and Meldrum belongs to the Vancian Order.
- Catafalque Green, a Maker and socialite with wooden skin, seeking to escape his connection to the Green.
- Jacobi J.J. Jisenji, a Weaver fired from a competitor newspaper, and now dedicated to bringing it down.
- Illisandre S., an Apostate who plumbs the depths of the Grey, seeking lost vislae and truths obscured by the illusions of Shadow.
- Mircael, a Goetic whose conversations with cobblestones and mailboxes have led him to believe Satyrine is facing an existential threat that only he can thwart.
In the surreal City of Notions, truth is complex, malleable, and elusive. But as long as the intrepid reporters of The Crepuscule Notion are on the story, one thing is certain:
THE TRUTH BLEEDS AT TWILIGHT.