Crowdfunding Reward Redemption and Fulfillment
Because the rewards for our crowdfunding campaigns often ship at several times over the course of many months, our fulfillment process may be different from other campaigns you’ve backed.
A few weeks after a campaign ends, we invite backers to BackerKit, our pledge management platform. This allows you to confirm your pledge and add on any products you might have missed. Later, when a reward is ready to fulfill, you’ll use the MCG Shop to manage the process. This puts you, the backer, in charge of redeeming rewards at your convenience, and ensures we always have your up-to-date address at the time we ship a reward.
Here’s a brief look at how it works:
- You’ll receive an email from us when a reward is ready to redeem.
- You’ll log on to your account the MCG Shop.
- You’ll go to your Coupons page and click on the coupon for the reward, which automatically adds the reward to your cart. If you have multiple rewards, or want to make purchases, you can add them all to your cart before checking out.
- Check out! You’ll give us your address and pay for shipping (for physical rewards) at that time.
Updating Your Address or Gifting a Physical Reward
If you move, you won’t need to tell us, since you’ll simply enter your new address the next time you redeem a reward. If this is a gift and you want to ship it directly to the recipient, enter their shipping address (instead of your own) when you check out. If it’s not convenient to receive a reward at the time of fulfillment, or if you want to ship multiple rewards together to save on shipping costs, you may delay redemption of a reward for up to one year after the product’s release date.
Coupon Expiration Dates
Coupons expire one year after the reward’s release date. If you need to redeem an expired coupon, please tell us about it through our Contact Us page so we can help you.
All backers pay for shipping when they redeem their rewards. We offer a variety of domestic and international shipping methods from which you can choose. As of this writing, basic domestic shipping is $7 per shipment, but we do not control future postal rates, so that cost is subject to change. International shipping is based on postal and shipping rates at the time of the order, and varies by destination and shipment weight.
International shipping is expensive. We don’t have any control over that, and we can’t accurately predict what shipping rates will be at the time of fulfillment. We must comply with international law and cannot mark your reward as a gift or as a zero-value item. Here are details that apply to your region:
- The Americas: Your rewards will be filled by our shipping center in the United States. You will be responsible for import duties, taxes, and brokerage fees (if applicable). Canadian backers please note that our books are printed in Canada, and thus are not subject to import duties; however, items not printed in Canada, such as decks of cards, are subject to import duties.
- The EU and UK: Your rewards will be filled by our shipping center in the UK. UK and EU backers will not pay import duties and taxes.
- Australia and New Zealand: Your rewards will be filled by our shipping center in Australia. Backers in Australia will not pay import duties and taxes.
- The Rest of the Americas, the South Pacific, and Asia: Your rewards will ship from our shipping center in the United States. You will be responsible for import duties, taxes, and brokerage fees (if applicable).