Happy (almost) Valentine’s Day from Monte Cook Games! Unfortunately, we can’t send each of you candy hearts or flowers. For those of you going on a date in the near future, here are some GM intrusions worth spending 1 XP to avoid! (And check the end of this list for some MCG-themed Valentine’s Day cards!)
- The ex of you or your date shows up at the same location with their date.
- Someone gets food poisoning.
- Your date pickpockets one of your cyphers.
- The restaurant you chose is incompatible with your date’s eating habits (you chose a steakhouse, and your date is a vegetarian, etc.).
- You and your date are ethically, philosophically, or politically incompatible on an important topic.
- Your rival for your date’s attention shows up with flowers and attempts to ruin your evening.
- A nearby couple is having a loud, angry argument.
- The restaurant has a kitchen fire.
- Your date brings their parent—and they aren’t human!
- Your date is allergic to the flowers or candy you brought, or the perfume or cologne you’re wearing.
- Your date spends the whole time texting someone else.
- Your date spends the whole time talking about their ex.
- You forgot your money, and so did they.
- Your date’s proximity activates one of your cyphers or artifacts.
- Your date wrote you a song. It’s a bad song. And they insist on singing it.
- You keep getting your date’s name wrong.
- Your date has a spouse, curse, or nanoparasites.
- You and your date had a relationship with the same person.
- You used to go out with your date’s roommate, sibling, or parent.
- Your date is perfect… too perfect.
- Your date has no sense of humor.
- Your date is getting sloppy-drunk.
- Your date is a shapeshifter from a hostile land, recursion, planet, or dimension.
- Your date is only here for the food and tells you so.
- Your date gets up to use the restroom and never comes back.
- Local authorities attempt to arrest your date.
Hopefully, your Valentine’s Day will be completely free of complications like these!
Is there a special gamer that you’re dreaming of? Let them know! Why not give them an MCG-themed Valentine’s Day card?
Maybe they think you’re seskii, too! Download the printable PDF here!