Preorder Ptolus: Monte Cook’s City by the Spire from your friendly local game store, and we’ll give you the PDF for free!
Ptolus is coming—it will be available from better game stores and the MCG Shop in April. To celebrate, we have a fantastic deal for preorders placed through your local game store. (Retailers: It’s super easy—we do all the work! See below for details.) Get Ptolus: Monte Cook’s City by the Spire in print through your FLGS, and we’ll give you the PDF to go with it. It’s a $60 value!
Here’s how it works:
- Download this form. Print and fill it out, then bring it to the brick-and-mortar game shop of your choice. (Placing the order online? You don’t have to use the form—just make sure you follow the rest of these steps. And this is only valid for brick-and-mortar retailers, even if you shop with them online.)
- Place a paid preorder for Ptolus: Monte Cook’s City by the Spire—either the 5e or the Cypher System version no later than March 31st, 2021.
- Get a receipt that shows the date, the game shop name, and a line item for your purchase. Make sure it’s readable!
- Scan or photograph the receipt (or attach a digital receipt, if it was an online purchase) and email it to us at ptolu[email protected]. Again, make sure we can read it! We must have your receipt by March 31st, 2021.
- When the PDF is ready (in early April), we’ll send you a code to download, for free, the PDF of the book. In fact, you’ll get both versions of Ptolus (the 5e version, and the Cypher System version).
Here’s the fine print: This offer is valid on paid preorders placed with physical game stores no later than 31 March 2021. Your PDF will be fulfilled via the MCG Shop online and will be available to download in early April, 2021. When you email your receipt, please do so from the email address associated with your MCG Shop account. (If you don’t have an MCG Shop account now, no problem. You can make one when you redeem your PDF. Be sure to use the same email address you used when sending us the receipt.)
Are you a retailer?
Good news: This is a super easy way to take paid preorders for Ptolus. We do all the work! Here’s what to do:
- Accept a paid preorder for Ptolus: Monte Cook’s City by the Spire—either the 5e or the Cypher System version. You can do the transaction in person or online. It must happen between 20 January and 31 March, 2021.
- Issue the customer an official store receipt that shows your store name, the date, and the purchase.
- Tell them to send the receipt to [email protected]. They can attach a digital receipt, or photograph or scan a physical receipt (it must be legible). Their deadline is March 31st.
- If your customer brought you our form, it has all their details already filled in. You can use it for your records if you like. (But you don’t have to—it’s just for your convenience.) In fact, free free to print and distribute the form to your customers to help drive preorders!
And that’s it—we take it from there. You get a paid preorder, and the customer gets a free PDF of the book from us!
This program is for brick-and-mortar retail shops only. Make sure you’ve ordered sufficient quantities from your distributor—Ptolus is going to be hot! Here are the details, for your convenience:
Ptolus: Monte Cook’s City by the Spire
MCG264 (5e version)
MCG265 (Cypher System version)
Available through ACD, Alliance, and Peachstate (in the US), and most international distributors (outside the US)
And don’t forget to order copies of A Player’s Guide to Ptolus
MCG268 (system neutral)
You can find sell sheets for Ptolus, and all MCG products, at mymcg.info/retailersellsheets.