Uncover the secrets of yesterday to build a better tomorrow
Terrible beasts. Abhumans. The iron wind. Ancient machines that lurch to life unexpectedly—or leave communities desperate when they catastrophically fail. The Ninth World is awash in dangers left by the prior worlds. But these ancient remnants also hold the keys to the future. Those brave enough to discover and study the amazing structures, weird devices, inscrutable automatons, and extradimensional gateways can unearth the knowledge and materials to build the future. Discover new kinds of numenera items, along with the plans and materials to construct them yourself. Explore the ruins of the prior worlds, uncover their mysteries, and from their secrets begin to build a new tomorrow for the beleaguered people of the Ninth World.
This book includes:
- Nearly 300 new numenera items to discover or craft. Cyphers, artifacts, and plans!
- High challenges that threaten isolated communities. Build adventures or entire campaigns around these threats.
- New communities to expand your idea of a Ninth World locale. Visit Kaustrin, which orbits a black hole, or Skyam—an entire town hardly bigger than a grain of sand.
- More cool options for gameplay, including creature followers, GM intrusions for crafting, and numenera waste sites.
- Biological and otherspace numenera items, plus new varieties of iotum and more plans for installations, vehicles, and automatons.
- A stunning, double-sided removable poster map.