This page is your home base for how to see us, attend or run events with us, and other MCG news you’ll want to know at Gen Con.
- Play games with us: Sign up for official games of Numenera, The Strange, Invisible Sun, and the Cypher System. We’ll also be running demos of No Thank You, Evil!, Numenera, and Cypher System games in our booth!
- Visit us in booth 2519: We’ll be showing off Your Best Game Ever, the Cypher System Rulebook, and lots of other fresh 2019 releases. Play demos, get your books signed, and perhaps meet some special guests.
MCG Autograph Sessions
Catch Bruce, Monte, Sean, and Shanna for autographs at our booth 2519 at the following times:
- Friday, 4pm
- Saturday, 1pm
- Sunday, 10am
Guest Autograph/Meet & Greet Sessions
Come to booth 2519 at the following times to meet:
- Thursday, 1pm – Callisto 6 crew Bonnie Gordon, Sam de Leve, Gini Benson, and GM Eric Campbell
- Thursday, 4:30pm – Your Best Game Ever contributor Tanya DePass (also head of I Need Diverse Games, cast member of Rivals of Waterdeep)
- Friday, 5pm – Your Best Game Ever contributor Vickie Lee, creator of DnDoggos will be handing out signed prints of their DnDoggos comic from Your Best Game Ever!
MCG Seminars and Events
- Thursday, 3pm: Creative Resilience, Creating in Difficult Times with Shanna Germain
- Thursday, 5pm: An Uncommon Conversation Featuring Monte Cook and Shanna Germain (walk with us over to An Evening With Monte Cook Games directly afterward!)
- Friday, 11am: Lessons From a Life of Roleplaying with Monte Cook
- Thursday, 7pm: An Evening with Monte Cook Games
- Come hang with Team MCG in an intimate, unique experience. Join us to celebrate another great year, the launch of Your Best Game Ever, the Cypher System Rulebook, and plenty of Numenera and Invisible Sun releases!
- Friday, 3pm: How to Have Your Best Game Ever
- Join members of Team MCG and Your Best Game Ever contributors to get tips on having the best RPG games ever. There will be GM tips, player tips, & game stories with a positive spin.
- Saturday, 10am: Instant Adventure with Monte Cook Games
- Work with designer Sean K. Reynolds to create an adventure from scratch, transforming an idea into a complete adventure in just 30 minutes. Then watch it run live for an unsuspecting panel of players!
MCG Staff as Guest Panelists
Find MCG staff guesting on other various panels and seminars:
- Thursday, 10am: Patreon: Is It For You?
- Friday, 10am: Scrivener Demystified
- Friday, 12pm: Business Plans for Writers
- Saturday, 10am: Whodunnit? Adding Mystery to Speculative Fiction
- Saturday, 4pm: Avoiding the Dreaded Infodump
- Thursday, 5pm: Writing Tie-Ins With Confidence
- Saturday, 9am: The Ordinary Hero
- Saturday, 12pm: Can Playing Games Help You Write?
- Saturday, 4pm: Mapping Your Speculative World
- Thursday, 12pm: Growing Your Community (Social Media for Game Companies)
- Thursday, 2pm: Game Mastering 101
- Saturday, 5pm: D&D Spelljammer Live Charity Event with Audience Participation
- Saturday, 5pm: Crowdfunding Tabletop Community with BackerKit
Be a Game Master With Us!
If you’re interested in joining the ranks of GMs running official Numenera, The Strange, Cypher System, No Thank You, Evil! and Invisible Sun games and demos, you can sign up here.
It’s great fun, and for 12 hours or more, we provide your Gen Con badge, an exclusive adventure book, and other great GMing swag.