Do you love Numenera, the Cypher System, No Thank You, Evil! and our other games? Do you love the best four days in gaming? Do you love running RPGs and welcoming new, enthusiastic gamers into our fantastic community? If so, we need you!
This is our call-out for GMs and demoers for GameholeCon 2021. The convention is still a few months away at the end of October, but if you’re thinking of attending it isn’t too early to start planning for the show. You can run official MCG adventures, or any of your favorite existing MCG adventures, under the umbrella of official MCG events.
What’s in It for You?
Running games at GameholeCon is a blast, and the community of MCG GMs is wonderful and welcoming. Many of our GMs comment that hanging out and running games with each other and us is one of the most memorable aspects of GameholeCon. And that’s not all.
If you run one of our game sessions or demos, you’ll have our heartfelt appreciation, the gratitude of your players, and the sense of a job well done!
If you run two or more standard game sessions, or some combination of games and demos totaling at least eight hours, you’ll get a GM goodie bag that’s full of cool and useful stuff for GMs. (While the details are fully worked out yet, in previous years they’ve contained about $50 worth of fun and useful stuff.)
If you run 14 or more hours of games/demos, GameholeCon will reimburse the cost of your badge! That’s right, your GameholeCon badge is free!
Great! So What’s Next?
Whether you want to run official MCG adventures, help out with demos, or both, here’s how it works:
- Let us know you’re interested through this survey.
- If you tell us you’re interested in running existing adventures published by MCG, we’ll contact you to get the basic information on your adventure for registration. (That’s right! We’ll register the event, so you don’t have to!)
- We’ll submit events to GameholeCon ASAP. Shortly after all the adventures are approved by GameholeCon, we’ll contact you to schedule the events you’re running, along with demo times and any similar activities.
- We’ll provide you with the official adventures in PDF format a month or so ahead of GameholeCon, and then in print, along with all the pre-generated characters and other handouts you need, at the show.
- We ask that you attend a meeting on Wednesday evening the week of GameholeCon. That’s where you’ll get your goodies and have a chance to meet the other GMs. (If you won’t be there Wednesday evening, we can make alternate arrangements.)
- You run your games/demos, meet new gamers, and have a great time!
We ask that you be:
- 18 years of age or older (with exceptions, especially for demoing No Thank You, Evil!);
- Friendly, kind, patient, trustworthy, helpful, outgoing, organized, well-groomed, and punctual; and
- Able to interact with many different personality types in a calm, friendly manner.