(Not going to Gen Con? We need GMs for Gamehole Con too!)
Are you going to Gen Con? Or want to go, but don’t have a badge?
2021 has been a tumultuous year, no doubt about it. For many of us, plans made early in the year have had to be altered, abandoned, or evolved as the year progressed. That’s affected our planning for Gen Con, and the planning of many of our GMs. As the Best Four Days in Gaming approach, we find ourselves in need of more GMs for the games we’re running—Numenera, No Thank You, Evil! Cypher System (a superhero adventure from Claim the Sky), and Ptolus (for both Cypher System and 5e). If you’re attending Gen Con, or thinking about making last-minute plans in Indy, the community of MCG gamers needs your help!
Gen Con is September 16th – 19th
Running games at Gen Con is a blast, and the community of MCG GMs is wonderful and welcoming. Many of our GMs comment that hanging out and running games with each other and us is one of the most memorable aspects of Gen Con. And that’s not all.
- Run one of our game sessions or demos, and you’ll have our heartfelt appreciation, the gratitude of your players, and the sense of a job well done!
- Run two or more standard game sessions, or some combination of games and demos totaling at least eight hours, and you’ll get a GM goodie bag that’s full of cool and useful stuff for GMs. (In previous years they’ve contained about $50 worth of fun and useful stuff.)
- Run three or more standard game sessions, and we’ll add a Gen Con GM badge. That’s right, your Gen Con badge is free!
- Run four or more standard game sessions and get all of the above—plus a $100 credit toward any purchase on the MCG Shop, or our next Kickstarter (credit in BackerKit, which can be used for a pledge or add-ons)!
How Do I Sign Up?
If you’re already signed up to GM for us at Gen Con 2021 and are interested in adding a game or two to your GMing schedule, check your email for a message from LaTia. Contact her if you don’t see it.
If you haven’t previously signed up, reach out to LaTia at [email protected]. LaTia will work with you and your schedule to get you in the GM’s seat in our fabulous Gen Con game room!
We ask that you be:
- 18 years of age or older (with exceptions, especially for demoing No Thank You, Evil!);
- Friendly, kind, patient, trustworthy, helpful, outgoing, organized, well-groomed, and punctual; and
- Able to interact with many different personality types in a calm, friendly manner.