Do you love Numenera, The Strange, Cypher System, No Thank You, Evil! and Invisible Sun? Do you love the best four days in gaming? Do you love running games and demos, and meeting new, enthusiastic gamers?
This is our call-out for GMs and demoers. But it’s January, and Gen Con is months away. Why are we reaching out this early? Because we want you armed with the best information possible when making your choices and plans for Gen Con. We’d love to have you run as many MCG games as you feel comfortable with, and we offer some pretty good rewards if you run more than one official MCG game. Here’s how it works:
- Let us know you’re interested through the form at the bottom of this page, and tell us which games you’re most interested in running and/or demoing.
- Our events aren’t scheduled with Gen Con just yet, but soon we’ll have the official schedule of all our games, and we’ll ask you to choose your specific slots. We’ll have games running throughout the waking hours of all four days, and we’ll be running demos at the booth during hall hours. In addition, we’ll also have spots for folks at the event room coordination table, and well as in the booth to introduce new customers to MCG’s full line of products. This form focuses mostly on folks running or demoing games, but any time spent at the coordination table or in the booth count toward receiving rewards, just the same as running or demoing games.
- We provide you with the official adventure (or adventures, if you’re running for more than one game system). You’ll get it in PDF format a few weeks ahead of Gen Con, and then in print, along with all the pre-generated characters and other handouts you need, at the show.
- We ask you to attend a meeting Wednesday evening at Gen Con. That’s where you’ll get your goodies and have a chance to meet the other GMs and the MCG staff. (If you won’t be there Wednesday evening, we can make alternate arrangements.) This year the meeting will be scheduled through Gen Con, and will most likely be held in a room at the convention center. (We promise this will be a much improved experience from last year!)
- You run your games/demos, meet new gamers, and have a great time!
So, what do you get for taking part? What are these goodies of which we speak?
If you run games/demos for us for at least 4 hours, you’ll get:
- An exclusive print copy of the 2018 MCG Gen Con adventures. This book won’t be available in print anywhere else.
- Premium seating at all MCG seminars and non-adventure events.
- Our thanks, the thanks of your players, and a sense of a job well done!
If you run games/demos for us for at least 8 hours, we’ll add:
- A GM goodie bag, full of cool and useful stuff for GMs. (While the details aren’t fully worked out yet, in past years they’ve contained about $50 worth of fun and useful stuff.)
If you run games/demos for us for 12 hours or more, we’ll add:
A GM badge. That’s right, your Gen Con badge is free! (Please note: Depending on the timing, if you’re getting a hotel room via the Gen Con system, you might still need to register and pay for your regular Gen Con badge before hotel registration opens. If that happens, you can swap your purchased Gen Con attendee badge for a Gen Con GM badge at the show on Thursday of the con.)
We ask that you be:
- 18 years of age or older (with exceptions, especially for demoing No Thank You, Evil!);
- Friendly, kind, patient, trustworthy, helpful, outgoing, organized, well-groomed, and punctual;
- Able to interact with many different personality types in a calm, friendly manner;
- And committed to the games you sign up for. We have to plan around your sign-ups, so please don’t sign up if you’re in doubt.